Bunkerville Showdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunkerville Showdown

I have been following the Bundy family dispute with the Feds since Drudge posted links about it this week. Looks like there is another Waco incident in the making.

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...evada_04102014

Update: Word on the street from sources close to the militia movement is that up to 5,000 armed militia members will be arriving in Bunkerville, Nevada sometime today. (See full report below)

SHTFplan.com Editor’s Note: It is apparent that the Federal government was under the impression that they could simply move into the ranch land surrounding Bunkerville, NV and have their way with the property and livelihood of the Bundy family. What they didn’t count on was the outcry from Americans across the country. And now things may be headed to the next level. As Kim Paxton of The Daily Sheeple notes, citizen militias in several states have been called up. Many members of those organizations are taking up arms and are making their way to Nevada.

And it’s not just the citizen militias that are preparing to take action. The governor of Nevada has officially condemned the federal government’s actions, though he has yet to take any steps afforded to him under State law. Sheriff Richard Mack of Gilbert, Arizona has weighed in and calls the actions “terrorism.”

I am totally opposed to grazing on public land. So I hope the feds squash the freeloaders like a bug.
    "Nobody ever got my name right." - Me

Comment

He hasn't paid his grazing fees for the public land he uses in something like 20 years and has been warned to pay up or move his herd many times. Those fees are highly subsidized and laughably low but he thinks he should be able to use everyone's land for his own business without paying.
      Isn't that what some would call a taker? A freeloader sucking from the federal teat?

I agree this looks like it could get very ugly very quickly. I kind of doubt a bunch of militia members are going to have much luck intimidating or outgunning the feds. I just hope it goes quickly and there aren't any innocent people hurt, especially kids.

Comment

Breaking: Sen. Harry Reid Behind BLM Land Grab of Bundy Ranch
        BLM attempted cover-up of Sen. Reid/Chinese gov’t takeover of ranch for solar farm

“A tortoise isn’t the reason why BLM is harassing a 67 year-old rancher; they want his land,” journalist Dana Loesch wrote. “The tortoise wasn’t of concern when [U.S. Senator] Harry Reid worked with BLM to literally change the boundaries of the tortoise’s habitat to accommodate the development of his top donor, Harvey Whittemore.”

“Reid is accused of using the new BLM chief as a puppet to control Nevada land (already over 84% of which is owned by the federal government) and pay back special interests,” she added. “BLM has proven that they’ve a situational concern for the desert tortoise as they’ve had no problem waiving their rules concerning wind or solar power development. Clearly these developments have vastly affected a tortoise habitat more than a century-old, quasi-homesteading grazing area.”

“If only Cliven Bundy were a big Reid donor.”

http://www.infowars.com/breaking-sen...f-bundy-ranch/

Comment

I saw no mention of the 20 years of not paying his fees in that story. If that part turns out to be fabricated I'd almost be tempted to believe something from Alex Jones.

Comment

Cops seemed to show restraint in the face of provocation...and I'm not a big fan of feds or any police intimidation. If he hasn't paid his grazing permits (if it is really that simple) then he doesn't have my sympathy. But I'm sure it's not that simple.

I suspect that his cause will be hurt rather than helped by the involvement of the militia movement.

I wonder if the Bundy family is any relation to Al or Ted....
            Last edited by BillyFromTheHills; 11 April 2014, 06:26 PM.
            Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

I'm sure this is just a big misunderstanding, and his title insurance company will help him sort out what parts of the nearby BLM and NPS lands he actually owns.

Comment

Been following this guy's story loosely for a while. HCN has more background: https://www.hcn.org/blogs/goat/in-ne...-tense-roundup

Don't tase me in the sagebrush, bro.

Comment

The Feds backed off this morning: http://www.8newsnow.com/story/252303...-bundy-and-blm

LAS VEGAS -- The Bureau of Land Management has announced it will stop the roundup of cattle owned by rancher Cliven Bundy. The BLM says the animals have been illegally grazing on public lands for 20 years.

The BLM made the announcement Saturday morning, a week after rangers started gathering the animals from land near Gold Butte.

The agency says it is concerned about the safety of its employees and the public. Earlier this week, BLM officers and supporters of the Bundy family were involved in a scuffle. Cliven Bundy's son, Ammon Bundy, was tased twice by federal agents. Another woman said she was thrown to the ground by an officer.

With more Bundy supporters pouring in from around the country, safety concerns began to grow.

The I-Team has learned the deal to end the gather was brokered by Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie.

According to sources, the BLM wants to proceed with the sale of the cattle already gathered during the roundup but is reportedly willing to share the revenue from the sale with Bundy.

Sheriff Gillespie has been negotiating with Bundy behind the scenes for months reached a tentative agreement Friday night, though Bundy insisted the sheriff come to his ranch to finalize the arrangement face-to-face.

The two men meet Saturday to discuss the agreement prior to a public announcement.

In its statement, the BLM said its actions this past week were progress in enforcing two court orders to remove the trespassing cattle from public land.

The agency director also asked that everyone involved in the dispute remain peaceful and law-abiding.

Comment

I see that as a good thing. This doesn't need to be a shootout. They can probably/hopefully find other ways to resolve it.

Comment

A little more background here.

But I think the Tea Party should continue to rally around him. Guys like this and Ted Nugent are a perfect match.
                      Last edited by MattB; 14 April 2014, 03:04 PM.

Comment

This guy was Tea Party (along with the accompanying idiotic logic) before there even was a Tea Party.

Also:
                        http://www.kcet.org/news/rewire/comm...in-nevada.html

Comment

I thought a love of people who can't color within the lines in grade school was a liberal thing.

Comment

What I found kind of surprising reading about this is that Bundy claims to have tried to pay grazing fees, though to the state of Nevada. This admission, that he doesn't claim to own the range land in question, nor that he thinks that he's entitled to use it for free, shoots a pretty big hole in some of the arguments that are being bandied about on his behalf.

In fact, all that's really left is the argument that the United States of America is not a legitimate authority. That, and the old wild west standard, "I've got a gun, hand it over." Great cause, guys.

Comment

This article is a fair summary:

Why You Should Be Sympathetic Toward Cliven Bundy

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...iven-bundy.php

Comment

Working...
                              X