Wow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!

That sure went down the ****ter in a hurry. Maybe the most entertaining contribution to the thread came from MattJ who snuck in two beauties as the thread circled the drain. First he posts this:

I certainly agree that there's no real need for personal attacks on a ski related forum.
    That certainly sounds reasonable and sober. But then, in his VERY NEXT POST, he searches for and then re-posts a 10 year old diatribe from another forum in a desperate attempt to embarrass and shame sugarloafer. You can't really launch a more "personal attack" than MattJ did in that post. And what, you may ask, are sugarloafer's grave misdeeds that would lead to this impassioned "personal attack"? Nobody knows. Sugarloafer has 4 posts on this site.

MattJ, Climbhoser and danno (among others for sure) carry some serious "wounds" around with them about things that they think happened long ago in a place far, far away. They can't let it go. Even as their memories of these events fade and begin to mingle with their own prejudices and morph into allegory that they themselves have created, their emotions and passions seem to strengthen and build. This is actually sort of fascinating to watch unfold.

It's really a riot isn't it ? How sad is it that this event is so important to them that there have instant recollection of the details and related links ?

You were right in your other post. By the time this event occurred, I was fully entrenched as one of the only posters on ttips that had any conservative political views, so, as soon as the opportunity arose, it was definitely pile-on football. Amazingly, Danno and Matt have retained more details (at least in their minds) of this event than I have, but here's what I recall:

1) I posted a picture of a black skier as my avatar, as a joke...maybe considered tasteless, but many at ttips thought it was funny, including Mitch who has a black son.

2) The author of the picture saw it and informed me of the copywright issues and I simply took it down. There was no argument and Mitch didn't have anything to do with it.

3) Not being good enough for her, she started a race-baiting campaign on the forum and we had some pretty lively back and forth. When the discussion escalated, she found pictures of my kids and thought it would cool to post them on the internet. In my opinion dragging family into this kind of thing was out of bounds, so I reported it to Mitch, who I always assumed just banned her, but frankly, I'm not really sure.

4) Apparently, she's an internet icon over at TGR and decided to continue her rant over there. Since I wasn't a member over there at that time, I'm not exactly sure how this constitutes getting my ass kicked or why I should give a ****, but apparently it makes Danno and Matt feel good. All I know is that I stayed at ttips and she was gone, so I'm not sure whose ass got kicked. I never saw the link to the supposed Monteal hooker sight, but always assumed that someone just signed up using my screen name, made a bunch of posts, then linked it to TGR. This has become kind of an urban legend, but I don't know a thing about it.

Originally posted by freeheelwilly View Post
    That sure went down the ****ter in a hurry. Maybe the most entertaining contribution to the thread came from MattJ who snuck in two beauties as the thread circled the drain. First he posts this:

That certainly sounds reasonable and sober. But then, in his VERY NEXT POST, he searches for and then re-posts a 10 year old diatribe from another forum in a desperate attempt to embarrass and shame sugarloafer. You can't really launch a more "personal attack" than MattJ did in that post. And what, you may ask, are sugarloafer's grave misdeeds that would lead to this impassioned "personal attack"? Nobody knows. Sugarloafer has 4 posts on this site.

MattJ, Climbhoser and danno (among others for sure) carry some serious "wounds" around with them about things that they think happened long ago in a place far, far away. They can't let it go. Even as their memories of these events fade and begin to mingle with their own prejudices and morph into allegory that they themselves have created, their emotions and passions seem to strengthen and build. This is actually sort of fascinating to watch unfold.
    Last edited by Sugarloafer; 9 April 2014, 10:08 AM.
    "I'm totally talking out my ass"………….riser3

Comment

So did you ever fix the premature 'firing' issue?
      "Nobody ever got my name right." - Me

Comment

Damn, SL just snuck onto this forum. Howdy, big guy. Please, no butt crack photos here. Sorry, I haven't read the rest of this thread...you guys really need a life.

Comment

Actually I retained less than that. In fact I'm pretty sure wasn't even aware of that particular issue or have completely forgotten about it. But maybe you mean another Matt?

I have to say I hate it when people use my work without asking too, so I understand if the photographer wasn't happy about it. That being said, stalker-esque attacks probably aren't a good form of retaliation either. Or at the very least not a good first course of action.

Edit to add: Whoops, just realized I didn't start at the top of this thread, so it was another Matt. For a moment there I wondered if my memory was worse than I remember...

Edit2: Went back and read the rest of that other thread. Wow is right!
          Last edited by MattB; 9 April 2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Says the guy with 400 posts !

you guys really need a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarloafer View Post
              Says the guy with 400 posts !
              Where ya been?

Comment

Maybe on the hooker forums?
                Originally posted by Baaahb View Post
                Where ya been?

Comment

Where ya been?
                  Skiing...pretty good season in Maine.

Comment

Damn, SL just snuck onto this forum. Howdy, big guy. Please, no butt crack photos here.
                    What crack? There was too much hair to see a crack.

Comment

I'll take that as a compliment Laura. Nice to hear from you.

Originally posted by Laura View Post
                      What crack? There was too much hair to see a crack.

Comment

It's pretty nice of Dostie to provide a forum for you guys to go at it. I sort of wonder where you'd be doing this important stuff if it wasn't here. Or what you'd be doing.
                        backcountry in northern New Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarloafer View Post
                          In my opinion dragging family into this kind of thing was out of bounds
                          Hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by televisionary View Post
                            Or what you'd be doing.
                            Hookers & blow? Maybe just hookers.

Comment

I hear Rue Saint Catherine's has an excellent assortment.

Comment

Working...
                              X