Go Lizzy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Lizzy!

Heck ya! Trying to kick ass and take names and numbers!

Please sign. http://act.boldprogressives.org/surv...it_employment/
    "Nobody ever got my name right." - Me

Umm, maybe a credit check is not a bad thing...

Comment

Well, if it weren't possible to get a ****ed up credit score through no fault of your own, then yes, possibly, I would be willing to make some allowances. However, given the present state of affairs, I wholeheartedly applaud this legislative effort. Identity theft and medical bankruptcy are my top two reasons. There are other compelling reasons. This is all predicated on the difficulty one faces when trying to fix an erroneous credit score. The system is heavily biased against the individual.
      "Nobody ever got my name right." - Me

Comment

So you really think this legislation was written to protect people who have experinced identity theft or medical bankruptcy? I wonder why there is no link the to this "employment for all act" that they want you to donate money to on that site.
        Last edited by James; 17 December 2013, 04:28 PM.

Comment

So Rus, what I hear you saying is that your credit sucks

I'm 99% done with my pre-qualifying for a new job, and I would be willing to bet that they pulled credit on me, just as they got peer references and supervisor feedback. They're making a big investment, so they want to see what they're getting for their money.

A credit report is more than just a number, it can help explain what has happened in that person's life, and yeah, it could be a neg thing, but it can also give a a potential new boss a heads up about a person. I suppose it depends on which side of the fence you stand.

Comment

Denying employment to people who have fscked credit because they are unemployed is fscked. If I thought employers used this as a late screen and allowed people to explain themselves, it might make me sympathetic to the employers, be ya'll know HR is just using this to pre-shorten lists and not interview the folks with **** credit. And that's rotten.

Comment

Working...
            X