• Show
Clear All

• Classic Internet Debates

I am told this is of an old Ttips
    debate between Sugarlaofer and
    GOC, though I am pretty sure it's
    actually James and NBen havin' at it,
    gloves off!

I don't recall ever debating GOC on anything. Lots of trash talking but never any serious debate. Frankly, I'm pretty sure he'd say the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarloafer View Post
      I don't recall ever debating GOC on anything. Lots of trash talking but never any serious debate. Frankly, I'm pretty sure he'd say the same thing.
      You think that was an actual post with content or about other people? Wow where have you been? Every post he puts up is an opportunity to bloviate about himself, attempt to be funny and post odd links and pics. Here this might help you understand this a bit more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        You think that was an actual post with content or about other people? Wow where have you been? Every post he puts up is an opportunity to bloviate about himself, attempt to be funny and post odd links and pics. Here this might help you understand this a bit more.

No ****...really ?? Please tell me you didn't actually take the time to play that video !!

Comment

SL, do you think James was attacking you? Your response seems sort of odd/non-sequiturish.

Aspergers huh? Could be. I'm sorta interested in what it might be. Any mental health professionals want to take a flyer? There's definitely something a little off there. Ron should just come clean with whatever diagnosis he's been living with. I for one would be a lot more sympathetic if he'd just be honest about it.
          Last edited by freeheelwilly; 2 December 2013, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by freeheelwilly View Post
            SL, do you think James was attacking you? Your response seems sort of odd/non-sequiturish.

Aspergers huh? Could be. I'm sorta interested in what it might be. Any mental health professionals want to take a flyer? There's definitely something a little off there. Ron should just come clean with whatever diagnosis he's been living with. I for one would be a lot more sympathetic if he'd just be honest about it.
            Yeah...that's the way I read it, but I've been wrong before.

Comment

I had a neighbor who had it. Not the most endearing trait. No question to me he has it but I mostly post it for the reaction. Last time I got some mumbling about his ski prowess and a few paragraph rant about how athletic he was and how many points he scored in the lunch time pick up basketball game. It was as you say pure internet gold. Can you imagine someone as self absorbed as Ron in a team sport. I would pay to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarloafer View Post
                Great point! Nothing you have ever participated in should be
                evaluated as "debate".. Christ, please do be "serious" , that's got
                to be funny beyond measure!

Comment

Good god, could you try and NOT mangle the language , just once?
                  Earn my respect if you can!

Comment

We live with conditions, not diagnoses, Boy Wonder!
                    And count on it, we all do our best to earn your "sympathy"..
                    Not that's some funny shi#!!

Comment

I had a neighbor who had it. Not the most endearing trait. No question to me he has it but I mostly post it for the reaction. Last time I got some mumbling about his ski prowess and a few paragraph rant about how athletic he was and how many points he scored in the lunch time pick up basketball game. It was as you say pure internet gold. Can you imagine someone as self absorbed as Ron in a team sport. I would pay to see that.
                      Hey listen, I am working on some simplified explanations (proofs if you will)
                      of fairly abstract theorems and axioms of Propostional logic..
                      You know, like why any proposition implies the empty set, and
                      how, further, why the empty set implies only logical truths (tautologies)
                      and how that further means the { } > A , where A is any tautology,
                      and how that, of course, "means" that any logical truth is semantically
                      implied by the empty set which leads to the conclusion that { } >A
                      is THE GRAND Tautology.. Now, which of you three little monkeys would
                      like to help me out ?
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1361683212.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	80613
                      Last edited by Vtfreeski; 2 December 2013, 08:19 PM.

Comment

"Pursuit of specific and narrow areas of interest is one of the most striking features of AS.[1] Individuals with AS may collect volumes of detailed information on a relatively narrow topic such as weather data or star names, without necessarily having a genuine understanding of the broader topic."
                        Last edited by James; 2 December 2013, 10:07 PM.

Comment

"Pursuit of specific and narrow areas of interest is one of the most striking features of AS.[1] Individuals with AS may collect volumes of detailed information on a relatively narrow topic such as weather data or star names, without necessarily having a genuine understanding of the broader topic."
                          Accept that he's not AS, he's just really annoying. Personality can look like many things, but a develomental disorder only looks like a developmental disorder. If he was AS, he wouldn't interact the way he does. But if he was a PITA, he would interact exactly the way he does

I wouldn't get to hung up on disorders, psychologists like to label people, but it really doesn't tell you anything helpful, sorta like not answering a question; if it doesn't help, then it's just noise.

I have him on ignore, that way I get to choose when "I want to listen", versus being beet senseless like a rutabaga; both of which make a lovely addition to any winter salad.
                          Last edited by Nurse Ben; 3 December 2013, 08:12 AM.

Comment

As they say "pure gold". Glad to see we've got some mental health professionals here !

Comment

^^^ Shut up or Ben will "beet" you with some random vegetable,
                              like maybe a beet!
                              He does a remarkable job of ignoring, dontcha think ?

Comment

Working...
                              X