• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Conspiracy Thread

Fifty years ago today.......

Whodunit?

http://www.voxfux.com/kennedy/farewell/farewell00.html
    “Taking away someone’s opinion is no different than sewing a man’s butthole shut.”

I can't even watch it again...too sad.
    Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Moved to keep the bar and grill on-topic and related to skiing.

Comment

Don't do that Climbhoser. There will be nothing left over there
        and we'll be inundated here in the WOT!
        Last edited by Vtfreeski; 22 November 2013, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for starting the thread twopass. This is indeed an historic day. In my mind, a sad one. If you're inclined to follow the rabbit trails on whodunnit a good place to start is LewRockwell.com. Here's one such article that could have you chasing the subject for months. Unlikely that you will know WHO done it, but you might learn a thing or two along the way on WHY "they" done it. Or dismiss it within a second if you think the death of John Fitzgerald Kennedy 50 years ago is irrelevant old news.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Seriously, the guy is dead fifty years, soon anyone who was involved will also be dead.

Perhaps we should let the conspiracy theory die as well?

Comment

Nuts 'n bolts here much I never knew.

“Taking away someone’s opinion is no different than sewing a man’s butthole shut.”

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Ben View Post
                Seriously, the guy is dead fifty years, soon anyone who was involved will also be dead.

Perhaps we should let the conspiracy theory die as well?
                http://www.michaelparenti.org/JFKAssassination.html

or...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jay8sBJ1EnI

Comment

http://www.corbettreport.com/jfk-a-conspiracy-theory/

Just sayin'...

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Nothin' beats the "lizard People"..

Comment

Speaking of conspiracy theories...what's with the deal to only post links to videos? Videos just aren't fast enough for me when investigating tin foil.

The only conspiracy theories worth one's time are that Johnson or other Democrats were involved and I'm just not buying it.

Comment

Baaahb,

Welcome back. I hope you noticed my link, although it did include a video, was mostly to an article that can be read.

As for what Conspiracy Theories are worth one's time, are you saying they're only worth investigating if they are related to LBJ, or the Democrat party at the time? Seems to me that if you question the official story, no rabbit trail is too trivial to meander down, although some will surely test the limits of logic and reason.

How does the official narrative - Oswald did it solo - jive with the Zapruder film (hoax?)? What does either have to do with Johnson? Where do you draw the line? Why does it matter?

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Thanks, it is good to be back.

Yes, why does it matter? IMO it only matters if this was an inside, government job. The fact that Oswald may have had cohorts in the assassination, including Cubans, or Cuban exiles, or anyone else who hated Kennedy, surely is not worth the time and expense spent rehashing the assassination, Does it really matter that much that some or another little two-**** may have escaped justice? The fact that many people would have liked to see JFK dead surely is not newsworthy in itself and it seems far-fetched that the existence of such cabals or conspiracies has any relevance to our security today.

I am so tired of conspiracy theories. They are all based on extensive analysis of what is mostly inadmissable evidence: hearsay, but presented as proven fact. So and so told me this. OK, I don't want to hear it from you, I want to hear it firsthand and if the person who supposedly said it chose not to publicize it further, that says something itself. The fact that some author is absolutely certain that so and so said it and that is what he meant is irrelevant, BS, and one of the reasons for the hearsay evidence rule. Haven't we all experienced instances where someone swears to his death that so and so said something and, in fact, so and so denies having said it? I don't care that you believe this or that book proved something beyond a reasonable doubt; it is still just your opinion. We have huge disagreements over this type of **** all the time. Lots of people are convinced to a certainty that Obama is a muslim born outside the US intent on giving America to islam. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of nonsense that people believe is proven truth.

There was the Warren Commission and there were repeated studies of the Warren Commission. Am I to believe that all the people involved in such efforts were involved in a massive cover-up? Surely those involved in the supposed conspiracy to cover up the truth have hated political enemies as well as anyone else, including people in position of power. Where are they today? Why are these theories kept alive by people who were friends with the doctor, or who fixed the windshield, or who spoke to some detective, or the investigator himself. Why isn't this a political issue with credible politicians who hated Johnson or the Defense Department? The fact is, actual conspiracies (such as Iran-Contra) do unravel when exposed to public light. Life is too short; there are too many real issues with real, tangible evidence that need to be addressed.

With all the evidence accumulated on the JFK assassination and all the controversy it engendered, and in particular considering that many have a strong bias to believe that someone in power is pulling strings of fraud, it is not the least surprising that an intelligent, committed person can weave a story that makes it look like there was a big cover up. It's the job of a trial lawyer to spin the ADMITTED facts to prove his story, and they do it every day...and someone is always spinning the same facts to prove the exact opposite. I guarantee you, take any high profile trial with good lawyers, and listen to only one of them, and you will be convinced beyond a doubt of whatever he wants to prove.
                          Last edited by Baaahb; 1 December 2013, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Baaahb,

Your reference to a day in court may be part of the reason there are so many "theories" on what happened. To my knowledge there was never a court pronouncement on who shot JFK, only the decree of a commission appointed by LBJ to proclaim Lee Harvey Oswald shot JFK with a "magic bullet" (the Warren Commissions term). Oswald never had his day in court to defend his innocence or admit his guilt. He is on record as saying he was a patsy, but he was killed and dead men don't talk. Thus, what has resulted is a lot of theories to counter the Warren Commissions report, and they contain a lot more evidence that is believable than the WC's conclusion.

The question remains open, and unanswered, why does it matter?

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Why does what matter?

I think I answered the question on "why does it matter whether we get to the bottom of who killed JFK," my answer being that I don't think it does matter unless there was some cover up of an "inside" job, which seems highly unlikely given the level of attention this has received, and the number of people in positions of power who would benefit from exposing the cover up. However, it still makes for good media sales.

But maybe you are asking some other question?

Comment

Working...
                              X