Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurrection in Washington

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by dschane View Post
    , what exactly do you want to make up your own mind about?
    Are you kidding? When someone says that he incited a riot in his speech that is videotaped,.. wouldn't you want to see the speech and judge for yourself whether it's true or not?

    If you have the chance to see whether the accusation is true or not,... why wouldn't you go have a look,... Then you can say, "See, there it is at 5:25 into his speech he tells people to go to the capital building and burn it down/vandalize it/whatever other stupid behaviors. You can say you've seen the proof.

    There's a lot of fecked up stuff going on in this country. Someone can accuse you of rape, or child abuse, or racism, which are all horrible things, but then when they turn out to be false accusations, the accuser just walks away like nothing happened. False accusation is weapon. Facebook, twitter, and whatever the other social media platforms all understand that false accusation is a weapon. That's why the suppressed the Biden kid's laptop stories... and promote anti trump stories too.. I'm sure there are many other people who's story gets suppressed or false story promoted because of the political implications.

    If you have a chance to see the evidence by watching Trump's speech and seeing him incite a riot, but instead you just accuse him of doing that on the hearsay of others, I think that's wrong... Not because it's either true or false, but because you accuse before you check the facts... which I will do...

    **************************************

    I watched your clip and the part that made me cringe was Guiliani saying "combat", but the video was cut there and switched to trump's speech and he said,... "Peacefully march to the capital building"... That can't be what people think is inciting a riot...

    I looked up the Guiliani part and again "trial by combat" is not something you say to a crowd who is there to protest an election... I suppose if you are liberal, that seems like proof of inciting a riot. It sure is close to crossing the line IMO. I'd have to watch the whole speech to decide... I think it's many hours long...

    If someone finds a trump clip and timestamp where he incites a riot, please post it.
    Last edited by tele.skier; 8 January 2021, 01:03 PM.
    the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by tele.skier View Post

      Are you kidding? When someone says that he incited a riot in his speech that is videotaped,.. wouldn't you want to see the speech and judge for yourself whether it's true or not?
      Of course. I am surprised/impressed that you hadn't heard or seen any of it yet.

      It's also important to recognize that the people that were at the rally were already pumped up on lies and claims that their leader was being wrongfully denied a second term by the "Biden crime family." Trump did not need to say much to spark them into illegal acts of breaking into and entering the Capitol. He succeeded, even if he didn't specifically say, "Let's go storm the Capitol." It also doesn't matter if he said "let's go peacefully march on the Capitol." That might matter in terms of whether he committed a crime, but come on, look at the context of the situation and listen to the lies the President of the U.S. was pedaling (and has been pedaling time and again) about the election. His speech and subsequent conduct is reprehensible by any standard of decency.

      I just read your edits. To me, it sounds like you don't give a sh't unless someone can point you to the precise words that would constitute the incitement of a riot and, if they can't, all is peachy. Whether his conduct amounted to crime (a conclusion that will not find universal agreement in this forum) is not the sole standard on which I'm judging his conduct here.
      Last edited by dschane; 8 January 2021, 01:30 PM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Look at tele.skier go. Go tele.skier, go.
        Last edited by bastardsonoffhw; 8 January 2021, 01:40 PM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by dschane View Post
          It also doesn't matter if he said "let's go peacefully march on the Capitol." That might matter in terms of whether he committed a crime, but come on, look at the context of the situation and listen to the lies the President of the U.S. was pedaling (and has been pedaling time and again) about the election. His speech and subsequent conduct is reprehensible by any standard of decency.
          It does matter, because if you accuse him of rape, you can't also say it doesn't matter than no one was raped, He's guilty anyway! Guliani may have crossed the line with his "combat" comment. I would agree that he may have some legal issue with that statement.

          Personally, I do believe the election was rigged. Look at Biden, he's an idiot. Who would vote for him? His own VP said in the primary election that she believed he sexually assaulted one of his staffers... Again... Kamala Harris said that she believed Biden committed sexual assault, then she accepted his invitation to be his VP... I get that people hate Trump,... but seriously between Biden, Harris, Shumer, Pelosi, Shiff, and most of the ranking dems, it's hard to see how Trump seems so much worse to you democrats..

          When Trump beat Hillary, the democrats, who actually paid to create the fake evidence to accuse trump in order to remove him, made the accusation that he cheated knowing it was false. Why don't you think they would cheat if they could if he was winning in this election? They have NO DECENCY either... Right?



          the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by bastardsonoffhw View Post
            Look at tele.skier go. Go tele.skier, go. Piece of ****ing ****.
            ha ha, where's that motel of yours located exactly?
            the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by tele.skier View Post

              ha ha, where's that motel of yours located exactly?
              Wilmington, NY, Proud Boy. Be very, very careful now.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
                When Trump beat Hillary, the democrats, who actually paid to create the fake evidence to accuse trump in order to remove him, made the accusation that he cheated knowing it was false. Why don't you think they would cheat if they could if he was winning in this election? They have NO DECENCY either... Right?
                There's zero point in arguing with this. But, in the spirit of Dostie, do better research.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by tele.skier View Post

                  It does matter, because if you accuse him of rape, you can't also say it doesn't matter than no one was raped, He's guilty anyway! Guliani may have crossed the line with his "combat" comment. I would agree that he may have some legal issue with that statement.

                  Personally, I do believe the election was rigged. Look at Biden, he's an idiot. Who would vote for him? His own VP said in the primary election that she believed he sexually assaulted one of his staffers... Again... Kamala Harris said that she believed Biden committed sexual assault, then she accepted his invitation to be his VP... I get that people hate Trump,... but seriously between Biden, Harris, Shumer, Pelosi, Shiff, and most of the ranking dems, it's hard to see how Trump seems so much worse to you democrats..

                  When Trump beat Hillary, the democrats, who actually paid to create the fake evidence to accuse trump in order to remove him, made the accusation that he cheated knowing it was false. Why don't you think they would cheat if they could if he was winning in this election? They have NO DECENCY either... Right?


                  Holy ****. If this is anywhere near a commonly held opinion among Trumpers (and it is, sadly), we're just ****ed as a nation. Scary.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bastardsonoffhw View Post

                    Wilmington, NY, Proud Boy. Be very, very careful now.
                    Hey gay boy... what would I have to be careful about?? Is that how it works? I call you a name?
                    the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Stochastic Terrorism:
                      https://fortune.com/2021/01/07/trump...de-maga-rally/

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        tele.skier
                        Don't forget , Trump chose this date, January 6th, because that was the date when the Vice President would certify the Electoral Votes from the various States. During this joint session of Congress, it was the staffers, the aides who remembered to grab the actual Electoral documents, as they were escorted by the Capital Police out of the House Chamber.
                        The mob, that attacked the Capital may have hoped to "capture" these documents and put a monkey wrench in the whole certification of the Electoral College votes.

                        Tall Tele's link shows Trumps full speech, by the way. Watch it. Trump says, "We're walking to the Capitol"..later "Take back our Country" after alleging that the elections in various States were fraudulent. Well numerous Court challenges to the election results in many States were presented by Trump, and his lawyers lost all these cases.

                        just saying...
                        Last edited by chamonix; 8 January 2021, 07:48 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by chamonix View Post
                          tele.skier
                          Don't forget , Trump chose this date, January 6th, because that was the date when the Vice President would certify the Electoral Votes from the various States. During this joint session of Congress, it was the staffers, the aides who remembered to grab the actual Electoral documents, as they were escorted by the Capital Police out of the House Chamber.
                          The mob, that attacked the Capital may have hoped to "capture" these documents and put a monkey wrench in the whole certification of the Electoral College votes.

                          Tall Tele's link shows Trumps full speech, by the way. Watch it. Trump says, "We're walking to the Capitol"..later "Take back our Country" after alleging that the elections in various States were fraudulent. Well numerous Court challenges to the election results in many States were presented by Trump, and his lawyers lost all these cases.

                          just saying...
                          Finally someone is making an argument rather than just an accusation or an insult.

                          That's some compelling logic right there, Cham. I couldn't argue that those comments weren't stupid, because he has a history of not knowing when to shut up. Does his comment in that same speech saying, "let's go peacefully march on the Capitol." do anything to bring him back from crossing that line?

                          As you said, the fact that HE organized the rally on the day of the certification and encouraged supporters to march on the capital to "take back the country" leaves the door open for inciting the jackasses in that crowd to riot. It's certainly one of those cases where people who supported many of his policies wish that he would take the advise that is given to him often and "shut up".

                          The youtube link I watched some of was over 2 hours... I tried to find the timestamp notes in the comments section to find the most incendiary remarks he made, because I wasn't going to watch the whole thing, and usually the proof need only be a foolish sentence or two. Those sentences were there. I can't defend his rally speech. It's really a matter of how close to the edge of encouraging his supporters to "take some action" is crossing the line into incitement.

                          The one thing MLK was very good at was, protesting without breaking the laws... That's how protest is supposed to be allowed, and is the most effective kind of protest as well. This riot was idiotic and sad, but the culture of this sort of disgusting behavior has been happening for a while on both sides of ideology. It's just one part of the modern world stupidity..
                          Last edited by tele.skier; 9 January 2021, 11:10 AM.
                          the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            t.s, you can judge for yourself here. It appears that Vice News juxtaposed his speech with coverage of the riot (which occurred later in time).

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by tele.skier View Post

                              Hey gay boy...
                              How old are you? Jackass!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by petey View Post

                                How old are you? Jackass!
                                check the context of what I said Pete... it was in response to willy saying...

                                Look at tele.skier go. Go tele.skier, go. Piece of ****ing ****
                                .

                                ... and the part of my statement you chose not to quote removes the irony from my comment... In fact besides that response to Willy, find another post where I called someone an insulting name. You wont find that because I give my opinion and explain why I believe what I believe in ever other case, but it's annoying to ask an honest question or give an honest opinion and get the above quote as a counter argument, so I returned his argument in his own posting style... Jackass style if you like...

                                ...But Your comment is not about me using a slanderous term, or even that you missed the irony of me responding to willy's insult with a homophobic slurr... It's about you calling me a name because I don't automatically take the anti-trump side in every topic concerning his policies. I think he's right about a lot of stuff, and obviously wrong sometimes too (the rally was ill conceived and caused a riot), but I don't assume that the news stories I read are true, and in this case of the riot if I can see the speech and decide for myself that his behavior crossed the line, I would rather believe what I see if the evidence is publicly available, rather than believe the New York Times interpretation of what they say they saw...

                                I'm sure none of the above matters to you, because of the way you edited my quote in your post, besides adding your own insulting comment, but I do try to explain myself as part of my own process of posting an opinion here and being responsible to show the logic of how I arrive at it. It allows for criticism and disagreement, instead of what Willy casually does rather than make a counter argument.

                                In all these pages, Cham was the only person who laid out an argument..

                                If you have read my posts over the many years I have posted, you would know (and maybe not care) that I always explain my opinions.

                                *and no, I don't think my comment is acceptable for a forum.... That was kind of the point of why I made it...
                                Last edited by tele.skier; 10 January 2021, 12:57 PM.
                                the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X