Tahoe Conditions for Thirteen-14 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tahoe Conditions for Thirteen-14 Season

i'm sure that some folks have already made some turns, but the latest forecast is getting me pretty stoked to get out and glide...likely on the skinny skis with my wife and 11 week old on the maiden snow voyage for the chariot, but stoked nonetheless.

http://opensnow.com/dailysnow/tahoe

Big congratulations on the new baby!!!! The Chariot is a godsend for keeping us out and active....enjoy!
    Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

thanks BFTH - we have been stoked to get out for family runs, but can't wait to ski with the little one. bring on the snow!

Comment

My son graduated from the Chariot a couple of years ago and is now making his own turns...fun and exciting to see! Sleeping much?
        Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

I heard snow levels down to 500 ft. It should be real good. Great to see the west getting it finally.
          Lift served and proud of it.

Comment

Hopefully, this storm pans out and lays down some sort of base. One thing I have learned over the years living here is that not to count your feet and inches until it is on the ground. WTBS, fingers and toes are crossed and our gear is in order, Sunday looks like a great day if everything falls into place.
            Our plan is ski local low angle on Sunday, like TM or Chick a dee and see what the base is like skiing twenty to one ratio snow on no base. Then plan accordingly for the following days. We have the "resort" option too but I would guess that on Sunday it will be a "sh*t show" with only one trail open and a starved crowd. Anyway, a light at the end of the tunnel.
            Last edited by Quadzilla; 6 December 2013, 05:50 PM.
            "Just say no to groomed snow"

Comment

Tiny crystals just started falling in south shore. Our neighbor's house looks like the Griswold's. We went and sang a few verses but he didn't come out.

Comment

Started snowing in Auburn as the sun went down, tomorrow should be one interesting day! Bring it!

Comment

More signs of winter in the Sierra...

Route 89 - road most likely to have closures in the Sierra?
                  US 50
                  [IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]
                  CHAINS ARE REQUIRED ON ALL VEHICLES EXCEPT 4-WHEEL-DRIVE VEHICLES WITH SNOW
                  TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM 3 MI EAST OF PLACERVILLE TO MEYERS (EL DORADO CO)

SR 89
                  [IN THE CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AREA & SIERRA NEVADA]
                  IS CLOSED FROM THE JCT OF US 395 (MONO CO) TO THE JCT OF SR 4
                  /MONITOR PASS/ (ALPINE CO) - DUE TO SNOW - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO
                  USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM PICKETTS JCT (ALPINE CO) TO 2.7 MI SOUTH OF THE
                  JCT OF US 50 (EL DORADO CO) /LUTHER PASS/

[IN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA & SIERRA NEVADA]
                  IS CLOSED FROM 5 MI NORTH OF THE JCT OF US 50 TO BLISS STATE PARK
                  /EMERALD BAY/ (EL DORADO CO) AT 0022 HRS ON 12/7/13 - DUE TO HAZARD CONDITIONS
                  - MOTORISTS ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

IS CLOSED FROM THE LASSEN VOLCANIC NAT'L PARK SOUTH BDRY TO THE
                  JCT OF SR 44 /LASSEN LOOP/ (TEHAMA, SHASTA CO) - DUE TO SNOW - MOTORISTS
                  ARE ADVISED TO USE AN ALTERNATE ROUTE

TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM PICKETTS JCT (ALPINE CO) TO 2.7 MI SOUTH OF THE
                  JCT OF US 50 (EL DORADO CO) /LUTHER PASS/

CHAINS OR SNOW TIRES ARE REQUIRED FROM BLISS STATE PARK (EL DORADO CO) TO
                  THE JCT OF I 80 (NEVADA CO)

CHAINS OR SNOW TIRES ARE REQUIRED FROM CALPINE (SIERRA CO) TO THE
                  SIERRA/PLUMAS CO LINE

CHAINS OR SNOW TIRES ARE REQUIRED FROM GRAEAGLE (PLUMAS CO) TO 18 MI
                  NORTH OF THE JCT OF SR 299 (SHASTA CO)

CHAINS OR SNOW TIRES ARE REQUIRED FROM 18 MI NORTH OF THE JCT OF SR 299
                  (SHASTA CO) TO 1.5 MI SOUTH OF BARTLE (SISKIYOU CO) /DEAD HORSE SUMMIT/

TIRES ON ALL 4 WHEELS FROM MCCLOUD TO 0.5 MI SOUTH OF THE JCT OF I 5
                  (SISKIYOU CO) /MCCLOUD SUMMIT/
                  Originally posted by riser3
                  I heart filthy, stinky "hippies", although isn't mchin a Doctor or something like that? Hardly qualifies as a "hippie" IMHO...

Comment

I vote to have this thread the official Sierra snow condition thread. Anyone want to second?
                    Originally posted by riser3
                    I heart filthy, stinky "hippies", although isn't mchin a Doctor or something like that? Hardly qualifies as a "hippie" IMHO...

Comment

10-14 inches at south shore, light, small crystals with significant water content, too. I'd say 1:10
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5267.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	80667

Comment

Originally posted by mchin View Post
                        I vote to have this thread the official Sierra snow condition thread. Anyone want to second?
                        I second that

Comment

Oh man felt so good to watch it snow last night. I was like a kid looking at the street lamp every ten minutes.
                          Got in an xc tour this morning already, was a lot of work breaking trail. There might be 16 on the ground now as bursts of heavier snow keep pushing through.

Really happy just to have something to slide around on.

Comment

I think we can do better, I will put something up after tomorrow. Idea is good, maybe a better title?
                            "Just say no to groomed snow"

Comment

Second. All in favor . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X