No announcement yet.

From Way out East!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kinda icy around here...Been raining for a couple of days with sleet and freezing rain thrown in....Still the consolidated heavy base hung in there but with a top that will make cruising the main deal....Meaning low angle and see areas not seen before....Sunday will be a trip to Tele-camp.....Get the fireplace hewn into ledge and the wood stove going....have some decent meat and veggies cooked on open flame and finally get stupit and play on some crust....Arc on all...TM

Comment

• Telekid and the Boys have been getting lots of powder....Teleking tested the new 109's and thought he might get a set....Telekid said they were perhaps the best downhill he has tried....I tried them once and got a tiny feel of them and thought they might be the BIG skinny needed for an oldie....Will see....After the 18th might be able to ski them for real but in the meantime the "Boys" get to test them....Figure if they break in half Fischer will replace them...Telesven has them for now....TM

Comment

• Haha! As usual I can't really decipher this word salad but I've decided to find it "quirky and fun". What the hell is a "109"? You say it like it's a "thing" that people here might know about and find relevant - and maybe they do. Atomic makes a 109 but there's no way you're on that ski.

Anyway, long time/no see gramps. Good to see you're still doing your thing (whatever the hell it is).

Comment

• Well the truth be known...shhhhh...Most of the time I have no clue....Good to see your back....Telerock has a cabin over in the Western Daks.....If and when we go there maybe we all could have a brew and laugh about life in general....TM

Comment

• Oh and Willy the 109 is a Fischer skinny ski that's a bit bigger than an e99.....actually quite a bit bigger....82 tip and around a 60 waist....Double camber with Nordic rocker whatever that is.....I was able to put them on and very gingerly ski them in a low angle area....Seems to me they will be a super turner for a Nordic ski....Bumped my head a month ago so will see a trauma team on the 18th....Man I hope to be skiing soon....Can't even help the "Boys" sugaring this year....but....I have a chair ready to go and my friend Boots and I will be able to harass them till they throw us out into a mud hole....TM

Comment

• Ouch. Stay vertical my friend.

Comment

• Going to get a helmet today I think....Got a pretty serious warning from the T Team at Dartmouth-Hitchcock....Figure I can start without getting up my blood pressure...Just miss being out in the Gonz.....Man March is back...Howling winds and while snow has consolidated but there is still tons of it....Will try for a low angle easy ski tomorrow...just breathing in Mountain Air is awesome...TM

Comment

• 32o and snowing pretty good.....Little over an inch and lots more to come.....Finally will get to ski some powder in the nowhere....Figure the "Boys" will head up to Little Mountain for the steeps and deep but I will go to the Highlands and hit the moderate to get my confidence up....A helmet on my head is kind of a new thing but needed.....Will check out the new 109's and see how they respond...TM

Comment

• Wishing you the best T-man. Natalie Portman ricked a helmet in Garden State, maybe you can get the same. Question for you: have you ever tried any of the Asnes skis that are intended to be easier to turn than your normal skinny? I think rocker is a big part of their design.

Comment

• First extended workout since breaking my noggin.....Teleking said there was 18 inches of new up in the Highlands and I thought.....just 18!!!!!! Found a couple of spots where there was 18 but most places was 2 feet plus.....Had a couple wonderful rides with one a moderate slope and got some decent turns but the steep was really good and was able to make some decent arcs....The 109's were wonderful slicers on the down and slayed the deep powder.....Everything is buried....Since the fall off the landing have gotten a good helmet....And like you am looking at the Asnes line....The 109's are totally Nordic and the instads(sp)......look good but might look at something a smidgeon wider but narrow at the waist...(in the sixties)....But.....the 109's come around wicked....Just starting to explore them but they may be the best skinny for down I have ever skied....TM

Comment

• Been getting to know the 109's for the last three days....Really good slicer and they turn beautifully....High stance with fore leg extended and ride the snow.....Just slight pressure on the camber makes the ski come around beautifully....and no resistance as the ski takes off on the glider part of the ski and the camber takes care of the rest....Went to moderate area up in the Highlands...that has 6-8 feet of base and powder in the most shady and dark area....Today will ride the Rebounds to compare the two skis....TM

Comment

• When Telekid went to work cruised over to his place and without him knowing....knowing I might in trouble....sneaked off with his new...did I say NEW skis.....Took them to the top of Little Mountain and had the ride of my old age life....Those 110 slew the crust powder and ice....Those T-4's weren't all that bad and no name bindings kept me flying.....The only problem was when I went straight into a dip and fractured one of his skis....Do I tell him or let him think he broke them????? TM

Comment

• Two months and FROST!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dig it~~~~~~....swim on because the WHITE is on it's way.....Just saying.....TM

Comment

Working...
                            X