Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stoked in Revelstoke!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stoked in Revelstoke!!

    We spent two weeks in a ski/road trip recently from Seattle to Revelstoke and back via Red Mountain and Whistler. Most of the skiing was done in Revelstoke where we met some of the telemark friends from Vancouver. We had a blast!!
    An impression of this trip can be found in this video:

    An Italian dweller of the Low Countries, who tries hard to ski the world in spite of his present location.

  • #2
    Looks like a great trip. lots of snow... and some beer. good times.

    Comment


    • #3
      Nice video. Where were the pic's from the museum taken?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Matt J View Post
        Nice video. Where were the pic's from the museum taken?

        http://moa.ubc.ca/

        Museum of Anthropology of the University of British Columbia, with an awesome collection of First Nations' carving!
        An Italian dweller of the Low Countries, who tries hard to ski the world in spite of his present location.

        Comment


        • #5
          Nice, if you are going to travel to the powder highway all the way from the Nederlands it is always nice if the timing works out. it looks like your trip had the same nice snow as all of the ones I have had up there.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by James View Post
            Nice, if you are going to travel to the powder highway all the way from the Nederlands it is always nice if the timing works out. it looks like your trip had the same nice snow as all of the ones I have had up there.
            Yep you are spot on, we where super lucky with the weather that is very difficult to predict months in advance.
            An Italian dweller of the Low Countries, who tries hard to ski the world in spite of his present location.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by lone telemarker View Post
              http://moa.ubc.ca/

              Museum of Anthropology of the University of British Columbia, with an awesome collection of First Nations' carving!
              Thanks. We're headed up there in a couple of weeks, but won't be going over to Vancouver. I really like the First Nations art. The top sheet of my Priors are a First Nations' design.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lone telemarker View Post
                Yep you are spot on, we where super lucky with the weather that is very difficult to predict months in advance.
                FWIW I go the last week of Feb and out of two trips I have never seen the sky. Last year I had to cancel at the last minute but I leave tomorrow and actually hope it stays clear so we can get up high on the glaicers.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by James View Post
                  FWIW I go the last week of Feb and out of two trips I have never seen the sky. Last year I had to cancel at the last minute but I leave tomorrow and actually hope it stays clear so we can get up high on the glaicers.
                  Lucky you!!
                  An Italian dweller of the Low Countries, who tries hard to ski the world in spite of his present location.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X