Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rottefella NTN freedom size issue

Hello!

I am new to the tele world, and I am looking for gear to buy.
    Recently, I found a pair of skis with bindings, and some boots that look good.
    But there is one issue that makes me uncertain.

The bindings are Rottefella NTN Freedoms, in size large. The boots are Scarpa TX, in size 25.5 (shell size same as 26).
    According to Rottfellas size guide, the smallest size Freedom large is designed for is 26,5.

Is it possible to fit these boots in this binding right away, do I have to fiddle a bit with the binding, or shall I just give up and find another pair of skis?

No chances.

And, generally speaking, start with boots that fit well. One size is quite a difference.
    After you find your size, you will know if you should search for small or large bindings.

Comment

Thank you for a quick answer!

I wonder if I buy a small binding, can they be mounted easily on the skis which now has the large bindings? Or do I have to make new holes on the skis?

Comment

the holes for the actual bindings are the same for the small and large bindings. The pink guide plate holes are different for the different sized bindings, but that's not a big deal to relocate the pink plate and fill the old holes. Then of course you'll have to relocate the heel piece to work with your specific boot size.
        the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
          the holes for the actual bindings are the same for the small and large bindings. The pink guide plate holes are different for the different sized bindings, but that's not a big deal to relocate the pink plate and fill the old holes. Then of course you'll have to relocate the heel piece to work with your specific boot size.
          That seems like marginal fiddle factor to end up with boots that fit correctly.
          DJLMWHWYG

Comment

Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
            Did I miss something? Freedoms don't use pink plates.
            It's turns! Of course it's worth the hike!

Comment

Originally posted by jfb View Post
              Did I miss something? Freedoms don't use pink plates.
              Correctamundo; I blame Rottefella's clueless marketing department - the names are almost identical. WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!?

Comment

Well there is a small "pink" plate under the Powerbox on the Freedoms. It supports the Powebox at the rear, as it rests on the ski. So tele.skier is right.
                See picture
                Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030769.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	4.84 MB
ID:	86941

Comment

Cham and TS FTW.

Originally posted by chamonix View Post
                  Well there is a small "pink" plate under the Powerbox on the Freedoms. It supports the Powebox at the rear, as it rests on the ski. So tele.skier is right.
                  See picture
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]9457[/ATTACH]
                  It's turns! Of course it's worth the hike!

Comment

The small binding has a shorter "claw" than the large binding so the 2 pink guide plate holes have to be relocated exactly 11/16" ahead of their large binding mounting point.
                    the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Working...
                    X