Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any knowledge of this ski?
    K2 AMP Rictor 90XTi Skis 2014

Looking at replacing my RT's. these will be the "firm/groomers" ski.

Comment

Originally posted by Baetis View Post
      Anyone have any knowledge of this ski?
      K2 AMP Rictor 90XTi Skis 2014

Looking at replacing my RT's. these will be the "firm/groomers" ski.
      If you like 90mm at the waist, I think you will like this. It has all the same earmarks as the K2 Wayback, with potentially improved edgehold. I think the Wayback is an awesome ski and it could easily be my go to ski if I wasn't regularly testing other skis. IOW - I often wish I could just ski the Wayback instead of testing another option. The Rictor looks remarkably similar.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Originally posted by Dostie View Post
        If you like 90mm at the waist, I think you will like this. It has all the same earmarks as the K2 Wayback, with potentially improved edgehold. I think the Wayback is an awesome ski and it could easily be my go to ski if I wasn't regularly testing other skis. IOW - I often wish I could just ski the Wayback instead of testing another option. The Rictor looks remarkably similar.
        Thank you.
        (The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters)

Thank you Dostie.

Comment

I tried a pair of BD Reverts last season and they were a LOT of fun:

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/...g.html#start=8

Comment

Originally posted by NoPin View Post
            I tried a pair of BD Reverts last season and they were a LOT of fun:

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en/...g.html#start=8
            I tried them too and really liked them. BD needs to offer these in a waxless base. Just liked everything this ski offered.

Comment

A ski for resort, backcountry, hard pack, powder, and everything = K2 Wayback.

It's a light ski aimed for touring but holds it's own on hardpack and resort conditions.

Not too much sidecut; too much sidecut makes a ski squirrelly in crust and mank. Just a little bit of tip rocker; just enough to make tough snows easier, yet not be useless on hardpack. Just light enough to be a good touring ski, yet just enough ski to hold well on hardpack without too much chatter.

Try them.

Comment

According to my local shop, the Rictor is the Wayback repackaged

Comment

Update: had my first couple of days on the S3s. They are super easy to ski, and seem to be exactly the ticket. I had a blast on them this weekend, and I'm a convert re the world of rockered skis.

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
                    Update: had my first couple of days on the S3s. They are super easy to ski, and seem to be exactly the ticket. I had a blast on them this weekend, and I'm a convert re the world of rockered skis.
                    My wife has the "w" version of those skis and her review is much the same as yours. I think she is *really* going to like them when the snow starts to get really soft an deep(er).

Comment

Originally posted by Danno View Post
                      Good to hear all worked out as planned.

Comment

Was looking through my profile for a different thread and found this one, so figured it was due for an update.

7 years later, and I am still skiing the S3s as my daily driver, except for pure groomer hard snow days (like this year has been).

I'll be really sad whenever they finally break. But at least I know exactly what kind of ski I want now.

Comment

Originally posted by Baetis View Post
                          According to my local shop, the Rictor is the Wayback repackaged
                          Or vice versa.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Working...
                          X