Voile Manti vs V6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voile Manti vs V6

Hi, anyone with an opinion on how these compare? Will be used primarily for touring PNW but also will be used inbounds in unpredictable snow/surface about a week a year. Meidjo binders. Thank you.

Just in case others are curious, I called voile. V6 a backcountry ski, loves to turn in powder. Manti a bit more all mountain, maybe handles firmer snow a bit better, but will also enjoy the deep, but a bit wider and stiffer tail. Both are loved by their respective owners.

Comment

Wondering what you got and what your thoughts are????

Comment

Hey Still Turnin, thanks for the interest. Got the V6 BC’s, 178 with meidjo/ brakes. Boots in the post so haven’t skied them yet. Really light setup coming from 3pin/cable on old drifters with inserts/original vector bc’s. Profile and cut similar, but hoping these deliver on a bit more float and turnin on the down and grip on the up. (Though not sure that I can improve on the drifters float and turning aspects! Lol)

Will update when further info available.

Comment

I've had fun on V6s for 2 years now but will say that they're flappy on hard pack and ice. They're wider than our conditions warrant so I'm changing them for 86mm waist all-mountains.

I cut my own pattern base on the V6s as all factory patterns are too aggressive for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggy99 View Post
            I've had fun on V6s for 2 years now but will say that they're flappy on hard pack and ice. They're wider than our conditions warrant so I'm changing them for 86mm waist all-mountains.
            I hear ya man, I've been pining for a Voile ski in that 86-88mm range forever. It would tie the lineup together perfectly. Maybe someday.

Originally posted by Ziggy99 View Post
            I cut my own pattern base on the V6s as all factory patterns are too aggressive for my liking.
            Start a new thread about cutting your pattern base! I know others have done it too, and I'd like to see what worked and what didn't before I tackle it myself.

Comment

Working...
            X