Toe pinch in Teledactyls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toe pinch in Teledactyls

I got some Teledactyl 75mm boots for my son. He was complaining of toe pain from them so we did a shell fit and the shells seem to fit ok (two fingers+ behind the heel). From what he describes it's his toes getting smashed when the boot flexes. I'm not sure if I can do anything about it but thought I'd ask if anyone here has found a solution. One thing I thought of was custom liners, but they seems to be cost prohibitive at the moment (compared to getting new boots which will need to happen sooner than later anyway).
    Any other ideas? Thanks!

Maybe go to the thrift shop and try to find a liner that is more comfy? Might be lots of old kids alpine boot liners that will work, and be dirt cheap. Good luck with it.

Be aware, though, that in some states making kids learn freeheel is child abuse.
    Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
      I got some Teledactyl 75mm boots for my son. He was complaining of toe pain from them so we did a shell fit and the shells seem to fit ok (two fingers+ behind the heel). From what he describes it's his toes getting smashed when the boot flexes. I'm not sure if I can do anything about it but thought I'd ask if anyone here has found a solution. One thing I thought of was custom liners, but they seems to be cost prohibitive at the moment (compared to getting new boots which will need to happen sooner than later anyway).
      Any other ideas? Thanks!
      Sounds like the shells are too big and the foot is not in the right place when the bellows compress. You might try to cut a piece of plastic off a plastic milk carton and tape across the top of the liners where the pinch is, usually in the crease where the bellows collapse. Or maybe shimming the liner to put the foot in a better place or both...
      "Just say no to groomed snow"

Comment

Originally posted by Quadzilla View Post
        Sounds like the shells are too big and the foot is not in the right place when the bellows compress. You might try to cut a piece of plastic off a plastic milk carton and tape across the top of the liners where the pinch is, usually in the crease where the bellows collapse. Or maybe shimming the liner to put the foot in a better place or both...
        I'm with Quad here. At 2+ fingers behind the heel the shells sound too big. I'd recommend the milk carton on top of the liner in the bellows region AND a tongue shim to help keep the heel as far back as possible.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Sweet, great suggestions guys. Thanks! We'll try something along those lines before we go tour around Monarch this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Dostie View Post
            I'm with Quad here. At 2+ fingers behind the heel the shells sound too big. I'd recommend the milk carton on top of the liner in the bellows region AND a tongue shim to help keep the heel as far back as possible.
            Another vote for Quad's suggestions. A 2-finger fit is great for an adult boot, but that is a disproportionately large amount of space for a kiddo. You might also
            pop in a piece of cardboard or a bontex shim under his foot to lift him up into a lower-volume part of the boot.

Learning tele, luckeeee!

Comment

Yep, 2 fingers plus is definitely too big, even for most adults who don't have block shaped feet that can't be fit any other way. A shim will probably help, as would some adhesive backed foam placed strategically around the heel area of the liner. This will push his foot forward to where the bellows will not crush his toes. So on this I would disagree with Dostie. You want his foot farther forward in the boot, not farther back.

Comment

Originally posted by cesare View Post
                YA shim will probably help, as would some adhesive backed foam placed strategically around the heel area of the liner. This will push his foot forward to where the bellows will not crush his toes. So on this I would disagree with Dostie. You want his foot farther forward in the boot, not farther back.
                Agree with Cesare's disagreement, probably. It kind of depends on the foot and without actually seeing it one thing is certain, the boot is too long. For toes being crushed, yeah, probably need it to slide forward. To yield more control, assuming the patch of milk carton distributes the pressure enough, pull the heel back into the heel pocket for a better transfer of power.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Working...
                X