Frankenboot Size Mismatching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankenboot Size Mismatching

I currently run a size 27.0 TX Pro and lucked into basically unused size 28.0 Maestrale 2.0 shells. I'd love to do the cuff replacement but am unsure if the cuffs will be too big to work due to the size mismatch. Any insight for me?

Seems like most folks advise using exactly what you've got, donor cuffs from a boot one size larger than the TX Pro scafo. Other combinations will likely work, but I've heard multiple folks say that that combo fits the best.

Comment

There is usually a size indicator on the inside of the shell cuff. Ideally you want the same size as the original for the replacement cuff. Or 1 size bigger as BTS indicated.

Hint: Furniture carriage bolts. Available at Ace.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Thanks all. Might have to make an attempt on the frankenboot once I can secure a backup boot in case I cork things up. Are the furniture carriage bolts for the cuff pivot?

Comment

Successful frankenboot conversion. Waiting on some bushings for one side of the pivot (the other side mated perfectly with the Maestrale hardware) but going to take it for a rip this weekend. Anyone know where I can find different sized square T-nuts? I can grind the TX shell to size for what I've got but would prefer to avoid that.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Try a gander at skimo.co. They have an absurd selection of boot hardware.

Comment

Working...
            X