Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rottefella NTN for 2014/2015?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rottefella NTN for 2014/2015?

    Being lazy.

    Anything in the works for Rottefella NTN (Freedom and Freeride) for next season?

    I thought I read they would share the same base plate?

    Would Freedom and Freeride be interchangeable on the same base plate?

    I be thinking if there will be updates wait for 2014/2015 bindings.

    And I am not interested in the 22designs NTN binding.

    I be thinking of finding some cheapo skis this Spring for next seasons NTN experiments.

    Some odd-ball twin-tip park skis from REI.

    Skis change less from year to year.

    -r

  • #2
    Since the Freedom does not have a base plate I don't see how they could share one.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by James View Post
      Since the Freedom does not have a base plate I don't see how they could share one.
      Good I asked - not that it really matters - but then there are some base plate improvements for next year for the Freeride?

      -r

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd like to see a simplified and tougher resort-only Freeride (no tour mode)- getting ready to replace my resort bindings
        Reluctant enthusiast, part-time crusader, half-hearted fanatic

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
          I'd like to see a simplified and tougher resort-only Freeride (no tour mode)- getting ready to replace my resort bindings
          DIY version: duct tape around the two levers so they always operate in tandem and no more tour mode.
          Bonus feature: the tape adds friction to the top of the lever so it's easier to operate with poles.

          Comment


          • #6
            Does anyone know if taping the two levers together affects the release function of the Freeride?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ts01 View Post
              DIY version: duct tape around the two levers so they always operate in tandem and no more tour mode.
              Bonus feature: the tape adds friction to the top of the lever so it's easier to operate with poles.
              well I have no problem with it having a tour lever per se for resort use- I just mean it could be simpler, cheaper & more bomber without it for resort-only use
              Reluctant enthusiast, part-time crusader, half-hearted fanatic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TallTele View Post
                Does anyone know if taping the two levers together affects the release function of the Freeride?
                Release function not impacted; gate bangers routinely zip-tie them together.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
                  I'd like to see a simplified and tougher resort-only Freeride (no tour mode)- getting ready to replace my resort bindings
                  You might see it, but no way a guy with the name "Tele 'til you're smelly" pays first season retail for a binding with less functionality than his current ones!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by stevesliva View Post
                    You might see it, but no way a guy with the name "Tele 'til you're smelly" pays first season retail for a binding with less functionality than his current ones!
                    yeah I'd wait for the Feb sales, no particular hurry but the current ones are getting loose and one toe cup already broke (I had a replacement binding someone gave me). And I've already had to wire one of the heel blocks into the down position (luckily, Purgatory still uses metal wickets). So it's time- I'll probably need to buy new ones next season regardless.
                    Reluctant enthusiast, part-time crusader, half-hearted fanatic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
                      I'd like to see a simplified and tougher resort-only Freeride (no tour mode)- getting ready to replace my resort bindings
                      I like the idea of a resort only no tour mode NTN. It could be simpler maybe lighter and definitely more durable. Keeping the mounting plate like the current design would be my preference. It would work well with my TTS/NTN adapter plate.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X