TLT Sliding Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLT Sliding Plates

When I bought a pair of Scarpa F1's last season they came with two sets of "TLT Sliding Plates." One, that I've heard referred to as the "pucks" attaches to the ski crampon fitting in the tech binding, and if I recall correctly it was labeled "low." I've used this one with success, but would rather not bring something extra along on each tour. The second is a small plastic piece that came with mounting screws is labeled "high." I assume you attach it to the ski under where the bellow sits depending on BSL. Anyone using these? Any thoughts on the differences between the "high and low" and whether or not there's benefit to removing the pucks for the climb? I can see how the amount of flex the bellows allow would create release problems and that's why I've been using them, but unsure whether or not to permanently mount. Also wondering if the "high vs. low" depends on the tech binding. These are being used with Dynafit LT heels. Thanks in advance.

Hey matt

Not sure on the items you recieved as scarpa had a number of different shims.
    Just make sure the boot is supported under the bellows when the boot is locked into ski mode.
    You may have to fashion something that fits just right.
    I prefer a wide shim that supports the boot across the sole with maybe a little preload on the sole.
    This gives the best support and performance.
    Have seen guys complain about the performance of their f1,s only to look down to see a little piece of cork there.

Comment

Originally posted by lightskier View Post
      Hey matt

Not sure on the items you recieved as scarpa had a number of different shims.
      Just make sure the boot is supported under the bellows when the boot is locked into ski mode.
      You may have to fashion something that fits just right.
      I prefer a wide shim that supports the boot across the sole with maybe a little preload on the sole.
      This gives the best support and performance.
      Have seen guys complain about the performance of their f1,s only to look down to see a little piece of cork there.
      Thanks for the response. I had heard reports of the weight weenies saying these things are too heavy. This is for a quasi-light set up so I don't mind. I'm more concerned over the "high" and "low" - seems they would have been more aptly called "temporary" and "permanent."

I'm sick of carrying the big puck ones around, so I think I'll just mount the smaller ones. Here's a photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0260_zpsa821dd09.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	81163

I don't really understand the orientation of it, with that curve, and I'm concerned about use with ski crampons - but I guess I can always fill the holes and go back to the pucks if I'm dissatisfied.

Edited to add: it looks like B & D has a special crampon for F1 boots, with it's own plate - so maybe that's the ticket. I was kinda hoping for one set of crampons for two pairs of skis though.
      Last edited by Matt J; 14 February 2014, 01:22 PM.

Comment

The smaller puck is for placing underneath the heel if you don't have breaks on your Dynafits -- to support your heel while touring. So says the booklet that comes with the F1s, at least. I don't really see the need. Hadn't thought about mounting them as a shim, but it's a good idea.

I also think corks do the trick quite well.

Comment

thanks, elinck

that makes sense... I guess I should have held on to the book !?!
          Last edited by Matt J; 14 February 2014, 07:05 PM. Reason: oops

Comment

Working...
          X