No announcement yet.

Feedback on ATK Newmark tele bindings??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Function wise the Newmark binding should be identical to the classic Telebulldog (which I personally really like), since they both lock down the front of the boot rather rigid.

Nonetheless, it may be noted that NTN boots usually have a softer bellow than their 75mm counterparts resulting that a Newmark/TX combo might be slightly more passive than a Telebulldog/T2 set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by iBjorn View Post
      Function wise the Newmark binding should be identical to the classic Telebulldog (which I personally really like), since they both lock down the front of the boot rather rigid.

Nonetheless, it may be noted that NTN boots usually have a softer bellow than their 75mm counterparts resulting that a Newmark/TX combo might be slightly more passive than a Telebulldog/T2 set-up.

Sounds like exactly what I'd prefer. I just can't see the tech toe staying closed with just the conical part of the pins taking the load.

I have to wonder why no reviews ever showed up from users.

Comment

For iBjorn
        The prototype early Telebulldog (now at the Stowe ski museum). These were milled from solid aluminum..Very rigid clamping on toe of a 75 MM boot. With a T1 boot, and these Atomic TM-18 carving skis, quite the setup, for speed.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010685.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.81 MB
ID:	86799...Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010686.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	3.85 MB
ID:	86800
        Last edited by chamonix; 3 November 2017, 09:49 AM. Reason: added pic

Comment

Originally posted by bobbytooslow View Post
          Dostie, I saw this image in a patent search a while back, and thought it was for a Newmark-type binding:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9208[/ATTACH]
          But reading further, it looks like some kind of mod to accommodate a new Rottefella NTN iteration:
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]9209[/ATTACH]

Maybe it's just to make the boot flex better and not tippy-toe??

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScarpaShelf.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	87127 Click image for larger version

Name:	Scarpa whole.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	87128

Hey Dostie (or anyone else at the SIA show): Did you notice any developments with regard to these items shown in Scarpa patents? Anything new/different from Rottefella or Scarpa at the show? My assumption is that something like this would just be incorporated into whatever large-scale changes Scarpa is rumored to be making for 2019, but it also is the only real evidence I've seen of what one of those changes might be.
          Last edited by bobbytooslow; 31 January 2018, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Rumor is the ATK Newmark is dead, or comatose. The metal tabs on the side of the sole were added to prevent excess wear from the NewMark prongs holding the sole down.

No evidence of anything new from Scarpa for telemark boots. Not even a change in color. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Well if there has been sightings of Scarpa testing boots with metal side reinforcement - then there might be some hope left for the reintroduction of the Newmark binding.

It was an interesting concept, especially the Freelock version with AT heel. I liked the freelock heel since it was possible to change from ski mode to tour mode without getting out of the binding.

Dostie: did you hear anything from Crispi about their weight-shaving plans?
              Last edited by iBjorn; 31 January 2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

If I could find a pair of these I’d try them for my cow pasture skiing. If anybody ever sees a pair for sale please let me know. TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Turnfarmer View Post
                  If I could find a pair of these I’d try them for my cow pasture skiing. If anybody ever sees a pair for sale please let me know. TIA
                  Agreed. I think the Newmark + F1 would make for a great combo with the Madshus Annum/Epoch.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
                    the Newmark + F1 would make for a great combo
                    Weight- & stiffness-wise, they'd be perfect. But the toe lug on the F1 doesn't wrap far enough around the side of the boot for the Newmark "wings" to have anything to grab onto (regular NTN boots have adequate material there, though it still can get shredded). Believe me, I've tried scheming ways to make it work with an F1, but I don't think anything would last terribly long.

Comment

If I had the Newmark and an extra F1 I would consider adding a stainless steel bar through the toe box to clamp the Newmark onto.
                      The odds of having both and actually doing it are infinitesimally low though.

Comment

The only thing that drives me to come up with a setup like this instead of just using a three pin is the unsteady feeling the boot rocker provides. I even just did a bench test with a voile wedge on top of a traverse mount plate for double wedge and a T2 heel still doesn't sit flat.
                        Oh and free pivot too.

Comment

Originally posted by Turnfarmer View Post
                          If I had the Newmark and an extra F1 I would consider adding a stainless steel bar through the toe box to clamp the Newmark onto.
                          Ha, yep, that's exactly how I thought it would have to be done. It would take some legit dremel artistry, though.
                          Last edited by bobbytooslow; 16 September 2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Actually the Rottefella Xplore would probably perfect for what I want but it needs a T4 boot and they blew it by not making the free pivot changeable on the fly.

Comment

Working...
                            X