ATK Newmark is now for sale in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATK Newmark is now for sale in Europe

Weighing in at 285 grams I'm really interested in the ATK Newmark binding but it only appears to be available in yurp. Anyone have any intel on this?
    Here's a link to the ATK site: http://www.atkrace.it/eng/newmark.html. There are videos of the performance at the bottom of the page.

Another Vid
    Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpOHcKk7dQQ

I would love to believe that somehow this binding would prove durable but I have serious doubts about that. It looks to be pushing the absolute limit here, even the rebadged Sportiva AT binding introduced a couple seasons ago was fairly prone to breakage. If someone is brave enough to plunk down the cash and test these out I would be glad to hear about though.

Comment

In the video interview just as the guy arrives he steps sideways toward the camera. There is a quick glimpse of the ski and the way it drops away from the heel makes me think is is a very inactive binding or has a large dead spot before the activity kicks in. Last season I saw a metal plate that one attaches to the top of the sole where it is clamped. That makes a lot of sense as the clamp would certainly wear into the top of the sole. No sign of that on the site currently. Does anyone remember that? Was it a 3rd party that came up with the mod? Like repete I would like hear more about this one but not rich or brave enough to risk the dough.

Comment

I just located this video.

These bindings are very intruiging for lighters skis, like fishscaled touring skis, etc. Matched with Scarpa TX boots this could make a nice light set up.

Since moving to NTN, this has been the biggest hole in the quiver. I've had to keep the leathers and pins but if the Newmark can hold up without deforming the boots, I can see it as a viable option.

Comment

But where can it be purchased?

I'd get these for my F1's and throw them on some skinny patterned skis.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
            I just located this video.

These bindings are very intruiging for lighters skis, like fishscaled touring skis, etc. Matched with Scarpa TX boots this could make a nice light set up.

Since moving to NTN, this has been the biggest hole in the quiver. I've had to keep the leathers and pins but if the Newmark can hold up without deforming the boots, I can see it as a viable option.
            Thanks for the video link. The binding is definitely intriguing. The innovators just keep innovating.

Comment

If they made it for NTN boots with forward and rear tech fittings and an G3 Onyx heel, it would be quit the quiver killer, Tele, AT and changing modes without removing ski.

Comment

Man those look really cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Nurse Ben View Post
                  I'd get these for my F1's and throw them on some skinny patterned skis.
                  Dare you to simply piddle around with them like the skiing in the vid.

Comment

Why do I get the impression that ATK is not showing any "real" skiing on these things? Somebody needs to take these bindings for a spin on something more than a groomed green run.

Comment

Originally posted by stevesliva View Post
                      Dare you to simply piddle around with them like the skiing in the vid.
                      F1s don't have any lip on the sole for the ATK claw to grab so that would be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by repete View Post
                        Why do I get the impression that ATK is not showing any "real" skiing on these things? Somebody needs to take these bindings for a spin on something more than a groomed green run.
                        Like this?

Comment

I saw that vid too, I would like to see more than 10 turns on an easy powder slope to show it's capability. There are reasonable expectations, it's not like they're made to go pounding moguls but it would be nice to know they're going to stay on your feet in bumpy terrain where a fall would have real consequences.

I do think they look pretty cool, if somebody puts down 440 Euros (just over $600 US) please let us know how it goes: http://www.sport-conrad.com/page/pro...ojft0parmkro14

Comment

repete, from the looks of the binding on the conrad sport site they look pretty well made. I would imagine ski like 3 pin or bulldog, tour better though. Looks like they recommend 28 mp or smaller for boots, and NTN only with added metal plate on boot.

Comment

All of my NTN boots have indentations on the top of the front of the boot. All I have to do is look at what clamps the NTN boot and what clamps the boot on this binding and I know what is going to happen to that metal plate and the front of any boots I use with this binding.

Comment

Working...
                              X