Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Back: Bishop 2.0

http://www.bishopbindings.com/shop/the-bishop-20

The new 2.0 looks lighter. They're claming 4lbs for the regular version and 3.7 lbs for a Titanium(!) version.

With power comes price: $495 and $695 (Ti).
    Drive the cuff!

Doesn't look like they will sell at those price points. Too bad...it's a great product, though heavy.

I'd be willing to pay, at most, about $300 to $350.
    Last edited by BillyFromTheHills; 14 November 2013, 01:51 PM.
    Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Badassery

$500 for a four pound resort binding...ouch!
      Last edited by Nurse Ben; 14 November 2013, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Pretty Neat. Gotta agree with the fine folks here... don't think 500 bucks is exactly worth it. Might edge better, but I just can't see myself doing it at 4lbs and 100 bucks a swap kit.

Comment

Looks like a work of industrial art. But no step in, no release, no touring mode and pricey? 10 years ago I would have be all over it. Now...think I'll pass.

Comment

I agree. They look awesome. But too many $$$ and I gave away my duckbill boots a couple years ago.

Comment

Imagine the price if or when these features are added.
              Originally posted by rip View Post
              Looks like a work of industrial art. But no step in, no release, no touring mode and pricey? 10 years ago I would have be all over it. Now...think I'll pass.
              Lift served and proud of it.

Comment

What's different from before? The blog mentions durability enhancements. Thazit? Lower weight?

Comment

I suggest you try 'em before you reject them. But I agree that the price presents a bit of an impediment. Otherwise we'd all be driving Ferraris. Nevertheless they are a great binding and I tour in mine (older ones) without complaint.

Comment

Very pretty

Comment

$695 for a titanium binding. They must be trying to appeal to the road bike crossover market.

Comment

Bentgate was clearing the 2.0s out a couple of weeks ago for $350 and the extra plate kits were $65, so I bought the bindings and second mounting plates.

When the Bomber Bishop first came out years ago, I drooled over them, but gagged at the price. Now, being older and closer to the grave, I don't care about the price. Better late than never.

Comment

I seem to recall someone from Alberta (kevlar??) jimmy-ing the 1 gens. into a touring rig, where the springs weren't engaged when in tour mode.

Anyone recall this method and or person?
                          The heels may be free, but everything else costs.

Comment

They work with NTN boots...

Comment

Working...
                            X