Dynafit TLT speed turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynafit TLT speed turn

Looks like the old classic TLT with a greater range of adjustment at the heel piece.
    Anybody tried it?

Picture? The classic TLT is still a great binding. There are washers on the post that the heel rotates on that need to be replaced after several years, but otherwise the binding remains quite usable.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Here is a link to it on t-p's site

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/en/...9302d0ebb1ec3e

Comment

Two things worth mentioning on this binding. Indeed, it is the classic Dynafit design that took so long to be accepted, only on a rental plate for the heel so it can adjust to different sized boots. Thus, it does NOT come with brakes.

1. Lou Dawson suggests that the G3 Onyx brakes can be uses as universal ski brakes. To do this I suspect you will need to shim the heel and toe a bit so the heights all line up and the separate pieces work together.
        2. Because the heel can adjust position this might be the basis for the ultimate BC binding, using the TTS cable for tele mode. It would be wise to use inserts on every hole to do that so the tele cable could be removed and/or the heel unit.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

For 183 Euros , that's a pretty good price. About $250 US. I've ordered from T-P before. Dynafit Verticals arrived in three days!
          Last edited by chamonix; 21 October 2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Same as the classic Speed, new color, beefier arms, beefier tour/ski mode lever, and more sole length adjustment at the heel.

Good price break binding, but at this point the four hole is becoming the standard so I'd probably swing toward the Radical or even go with one of the boutique bindings.

I have also ordered from TP and they are good to go.

I'm not sure about the dual purpose utility of a TTS/AT set up, it's just a pain to pull one heel and replace it with another, then pull the block as well. Skis are cheap, esp used ones. I also worry about the block pulling the inserts with heavy use. I glue mine to the top sheet as well as screw and glue.

Comment

Any info available on how to fit G3 Onyx brakes with the Dynafit TLT speed turn?

Comment

Good price. Looks like Dynafit has found a way to sell its old inventory in a budget binding.

Toe = TLT 5-hole; tried, true and tough but the Radical 4-hole is definitely an upgrade (I'm upgrading most of my Dyna rigs to 4 hole)
                Heel housing = Speed Radical
                Heel base plate = gen2(?) Speed Radical ratchet style anti-rotation
                Heel top plate = old school TLT (= PITA to change modes with a ski pole, which is why I've upgraded my TLT5s with B&D or Comfort top plate/volcano)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Steve View Post
                  Heel base plate = gen2(?) Speed Radical ratchet style anti-rotation
                  Are You sure?
                  I heard they break a lot...
                  I like all kinds of snow. The only poor snow I know of is ice. That better be climbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Combiner View Post
                    Are You sure?
                    I heard they break a lot...
                    I haven't heard of problems with the gen2 ratchet AR. Lots of problems with the gen1 AR pin, which has a history of shearing.

Comment

Working...
                    X