Cobra R8 mounting pattern.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cobra R8 mounting pattern.

The mounting plate on my R8's have 2 sets of holes, standard 4 hole mount and a slightly different 4 hole mount. Does the "slightly different" 4 hole pattern line up with NTN holes?

Originally posted by mr. toad View Post
    The mounting plate on my R8's have 2 sets of holes, standard 4 hole mount and a slightly different 4 hole mount. Does the "slightly different" 4 hole pattern line up with NTN holes?
    The longer length set of holes are for the Targa 4-hole pattern which is the same pattern used by the Targa, Switchback, Switchback X2, BD's O1, G3's Ascent & Enzo (plus 2 extra holes in the middle) and also, by your choice, the mounting plate for a Rottefella Cobra or NTN Freeride.

The wider, shorter set of holes are Rottefella's recommended 4-hole mounting pattern which has pretty much been abandoned since the Cobra.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cobra-plate_15x.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	80189

You can see from the shiny circles on the longer set of holes what was used on a pair of K2 World Piste's with inserts (Targa pattern).

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Thanks. For some reason I thought the NTN's used a different pattern than the standard 4 hole.

Comment

The original mounting plates for the NTN Freeride had the same double-hole pattern available. I'm not sure what the new pink plastic mounting plates use since I don't have a pair on hand. The Freedom uses a completely different set of holes, so there isn't much crossover there, except the front two holes are very close in proximity to the front 2 holes on the Targa 4-hole pattern. Thus, if you're thinking you might change to the Freedom down the line, you may have to shift the Freedoms forward or aft to make sure they're far enough away from your existing holes.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Working...
        X