Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meidjo - New TTS/NTN binding getting closer - Available on web soon

Web: https://www.the-m-equipment.com

Firstly, a big thank you to those involved in the launching of Meidjo! Thank you all for your support through your messages, all partners who have helped us to launch this new binding.

Through their relevant feedback from early trials of tracks, the technique has been worked out to get an innovative product developed closer to your expectations to best meet your desires.

We are happy to announce the arrival on the market, of a telemark binding which should change the way you ski, and that should make you, hopefully, amateurs, enthusiasts and eventually unconditional !!!

New Telemark binding Meidjo ! presentation

Easy Step In: System of immediate positioning of the front toe of the boot when clicking the toe and automatic locking of the 2nd heel of the boot by simply pressing the heel
    - - -
    Touring : Low Tech system (the only reliable system over time) and touring mode = total freedom of movement with the heel free. Two heel sets 7° and 13°
    - - -
    Weight: 800g per pair, making it the lightest of modern telemark bindings
    - - -
    Security : Adjustable security system and independent from the tension spring
    - - -
    Performance: Meidjo is the compromise between the power of NTN, the progressivity and the amplitude of the best bindings standard 75 as the connection between shoe and binding is rigid, the edge grip is immediate.

The shoe is at 20 mm above the ski (low center of gravity)
    - - -
    Simplicity: All manipulations without stooping, using the pole to lock or unlocks the Low Tech system. To release the binding the pole is enough - press it's open
    - - -
    Active: Instant tension on the shoe when lifting the heel
    - - -
    Adaptable: Supplied with two additional springs to customize the tension
    - - -
    Anchorage: 6 attachment points in front with a pitch of 45 mm
    Design: All items including Low Tech were designed to practice telemark. The goal was set for a maximum reliability
    - - -
    Optional : integration ResQski in the heel. This is the only binding of the market that includes a sensor capable of finding the skis at 30 m and under 1 m of snow. The heel protects the Tag (transmitter) while allowing visualization of its operation
    MEIDJO is protected through a PTC world patent
    We hope that this taste of Meidjo will make you want to discover it. Until then, we will send other tasty bits of information about the hardware, testing, accessories, and demonstrations
    Stay tunes, we have a lot of surprise to show you the next weeks!
    The M Equip

SAS The M Equipment au capital de 15000€ - Quartier Baume de marron - le Verclos - 13124 Peypin France
    Web: https://www.the-m-equipment.com

Would I need a AT boot with a flexible sole? Which boot would you recommend? AT boots are pretty rigid in the sole and don't have the flex needed to tele, but this looks pretty neat and light. There was info on this binding last winter with a short video, so it appears they are now into some serious marketing.

Comment

VT,
      No, I think you need an NTN boot, with the "duck butt" to engage the rear of the binding. You also need an NTN boot with the Dynafit "cups" in the toe of the boot. SO these boots have a similar boot toe to an AT boot, and the bindings are symmetrical, no left and right.
      Unfortunately, compared to the state-of-the-art in AT boots, still pretty heavy

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1020797.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	82267 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03907.jpg
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	82268

Scarpa TX NTN boot. Note duck butt is engaged in binding. This is probably the lightest NTN boot you can buy for now. My boots weigh 1918 grams each, size 28.5
      Last edited by chamonix; 3 October 2014, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Gunks Ray
        Who is going to carry this binding? I will ask Telemark Pyrennes..

here is the latest press release..that Gunks Ray did a copy and paste from

https://www.the-m-equipment.com/en/n...oducing-meidjo
        Last edited by chamonix; 3 October 2014, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Impressive. Look forward to seeing some reviews and first-hand experience with it.

Comment

Kewl. Looks like it has some potential. It'd be good to see some actual beta products, not just CAD models.

Although I'm a little confused with how tour mode works without accidentally clicking in to the NTN part / even how stepping into the NTN butt will work.
            Last edited by Alex; 3 October 2014, 12:54 PM. Reason: your mom
            No one cares that you can't tele

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	presentation-en-Meidjo.gif
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	82269
              ^^Here is an image of the binding

Comment

Originally posted by chamonix View Post
                Gunks Ray
                Who is going to carry this binding? I will ask Telemark Pyrennes..

here is the latest press release..that Gunks Ray did a copy and paste from

https://www.the-m-equipment.com/en/n...oducing-meidjo
                Chamonix, this is all the info I have. I signed up for their email updates awhile ago and after hearing nothing for months, this popped up in my email this morning.

I was disappointed when I realized that the newer image was still a CAD image and not actual parts, I was hoping to see real parts by now, but it does seem pretty hopeful that he expects it to be available in "early" Nov., even with some delays we might still see it this season.

Comment

yeah, this was started here last Spring http://www.backcountrytalk.earnyourt...lamp-Dyna-toe) . Got the same email EARLY this morning and have been following Pierre on Twitter since April. Nothing new really till this mornings announcement which I then offered up on a couple of other forums. Binding holds some promise, I feel, but still vapor-ware meant to deter your early season purchase of something else - not an unusual business model. No production model, or even pre-production model reviews around. I'm sure he'll have a few bindings in a couple of shops this fall, but don't expect to see them near you.. I'm interested so will keep following

Comment

Looks like a distinct improvement over NTN but I am never an early adopter. As my dad used to say about computers, "Ah... I'll wait 'til they're perfected."

Comment

Some of the things do look promising, like adjustable release values not being tied to the binding's activity level...

Some things look the same, like there's no way to change the angular geometry of the binding's claw to give the binding adjustable leverage. (like a hammerhead and many other adjustable bindings)
                      the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

I think we need new (and lighter) NTN boots. Then this new binding stuff could really takeoff. The selection of NTN boots with "Pintech" cups in the toe of the boot is very limited.
                        my 2c worth

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
                          Kewl. Looks like it has some potential. It'd be good to see some actual beta products, not just CAD models.

Although I'm a little confused with how tour mode works without accidentally clicking in to the NTN part / even how stepping into the NTN butt will work.
                          I talked to Pierre, the inventor. He's going to produce a series of videos all the way to the release on November 1st.
                          I really can't wait to see the price and where it's going to be available.

This looks like a hell of a binding to me and I can't wait to try an 800g step in, with release, with low tech toe piece.

Cheers

Rene
                          AbsoluteTelemark.com

Comment

Yes, if he can pull it off, an NTN binding that weighs 800g with a release function; I will buy a pair. Just for comparison, here is a very light (not SkiMo light ) Dynafit binding, the TLT Speed Turn. It weighs 730 grams a pair (without safety straps).
                            Ready to mount on my BD AmpsClick image for larger version

Name:	P1060296.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.1 KB
ID:	82276
                            Last edited by chamonix; 5 October 2014, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Better picture of last spring's prototype : http://iconosquare.com/p/702097135977209381_810768942

Comment

Working...
                              X