Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Telebry for Linken...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Telebry for Linken...

    I want to buy some telebry release plate for my Linken... I think they are compatible, since there are optional Brakes for Linken... I sent a message but the server seems disconnected, even if the transactional part of the site seems to work ok... Anyone knows something about them in terms of compatibility? When I look at them, like swiss cheese, they have a whole bunch of drilled holes to fit many bindings...

  • #2
    Did you see this page on Bryce's website? http://www.telebry.com/shop.html

    Lists Linkens as being Telebry compatible. Bryce's contact info is also on the webite. Not sure if you meant you tried to contact him by using
    the info on the site....

    Telebry release plates restored my confidence after a broken ankle, still have several pairs of skis with plates under them, but am using more NTN now.
    Bryce Wheeler is a great guy and will try to help if he can. Good luck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rodbelan View Post
      I want to buy some telebry release plate for my Linken... I think they are compatible, since there are optional Brakes for Linken... I sent a message but the server seems disconnected, even if the transactional part of the site seems to work ok... Anyone knows something about them in terms of compatibility? When I look at them, like swiss cheese, they have a whole bunch of drilled holes to fit many bindings...
      Or you could build a pair of 7tm Linkensteins. I sold these to some Bubba from T-Tips when I upgraded to NTN. They worked great for the years I drove them!
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Linkenstein-Front view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	81799

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SoulMan View Post
        Or you could build a pair of 7tm Linkensteins. I sold these to some Bubba from T-Tips when I upgraded to NTN. They worked great for the years I drove them!
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]2944[/ATTACH]
        Great idea!... Are these hard to fiddle?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rodbelan View Post
          Great idea!... Are these hard to fiddle?
          You'll need a buddy with a wire welder and a grinder. Plus you'll need to carefully drill the base plate to match the Linken hole pattern. Here's my video tutorial:

          Stripped down 7tm Toe Piece
          Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm and adapter sheet before cut.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	81801

          Toe Plate sides cut off-still rough
          Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm with sides off.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	81802

          Grinding off the "bumps" on the 7tm toe plate
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Grinding off bumps.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	81803

          Roughed out Toe Plate and 7tm binding
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Linken and Raw 7tm toe plate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	81804


          Stainless Steel adapter sheet metal with marked out adapter plate
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Adapter plate before cut.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	81805

          Finished 7tm toe Piece after cut and smoothing
          Top and Bottom View
          Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm toe plate after cut -bottomJPG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	81806

          Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm toe plate after cut-top.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	81807

          Adapter Plates cut out.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Adapter plates after cut.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	81808

          Comment


          • #6
            And furthermore:

            7tm toe piece and adapter plate before Weld
            Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm and adapter plate before weld.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	81809

            7tm toe piece and adapter plate after welding
            Top, Bottom, and Side Views
            Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm and adapter plate after weld-top.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	81810

            Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm and adapter plate after weld-bottom.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	81811

            Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm and adapter plate after weld-side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	81812

            Plastic adapter plate on bottom of Linken binding
            Before mounting 7tm toe piece w/adapter plate
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Linken w spacer front view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	81813

            Front view of 7tm toe piece mounted to
            Linken binding with plastic spacer between
            Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm.adapter plate-Linken-spacer-front view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	81814

            Bottom view of 7tm toe piece and Linken
            showing lock nuts and screws
            Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm.adapter plate and Linken-bottom view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	81815

            7tm Base Plate grind-off for clearance

            Click image for larger version

Name:	base plate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	81816

            Comment


            • #7
              And even more...

              Even more 7tm base plate grind off.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	7tm release plate rear grind.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	81817

              Linkenstein views
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Linkenstein head-on view.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	81818

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Linkenstein-side.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	81819

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Linkenstein angle viewJPG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	81820

              Heel Lifter to level heel with 7tm toe piece
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Heel Lifter plate.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	81821

              Click image for larger version

Name:	Heel Tower with heel lifters.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	81822

              A lot of work, but you can pick up 7tm's for cheap on Craigslist or on this board. Might be cheaper than a Telebry. I loved 'em. Released a few times, clicked right back in and went skiing. Teletori and I were the only Bubbas on T-Tips who pulled this mod off, as far as I know. If you're game, PM me and I can walk you through it, plus give you my contact info.
              Last edited by SoulMan; 13 May 2014, 07:10 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I might have some 7TMs for sale..7TM Power. Sened me a PM

                Comment


                • #9
                  That is awesome, SoulMan! I have to say 7TMs worked very well... released very consistently... easy to step back in. They just didn't ski that well. I wish I had the skills/tools to do that metalwork. It does look pretty basic as far as that goes.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by cesare View Post
                    That is awesome, SoulMan! I have to say 7TMs worked very well... released very consistently... easy to step back in. They just didn't ski that well. I wish I had the skills/tools to do that metalwork. It does look pretty basic as far as that goes.
                    I agree, in fact I think the 7tms released more consistently than my NTN's have, but never skied as well unfortunately. In my case, I just had an idea spawned by TeleTori and I thought, "Hey, I've got a buddy with skills, a machine shop, a TIG/MIG welder, and I've got $100 to pay him!" I had enough 7tm base plates to dork up in case we made a mistake. I did a lot of the grinding and filing, and then drilled the adapter plates. It took about 2 hours start to finish in the shop, then another 2 hours for me to get the adapter plates drilled exactly to fit the Linken bolt pattern.

                    These days, I recommend $200.00 and a case of beer for your buddy. Who has skills.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks SoulMan...I will definetly get in touch. I guess it could also be done with a Voile release plate... Not as nice but easier...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rodbelan View Post
                        Thanks SoulMan...I will definetly get in touch. I guess it could also be done with a Voile release plate... Not as nice but easier...
                        If I recall, somebody on T-Tips asked about mounting Linkens or some kind of binding onto the Voile release plates. You may want to put out a data call on the board to see if you get any bites. Re the Voile's, I had them for several years, broke them, split them, and used foul language when I got a release and had to click back in. Some folks love 'em. But I don't!

                        I'll check my PM's occasionally to see if you need help.

                        SM

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This might be a little late, but I talked to Bryce today. He said his email on the site isn't working (I was wondering why too) because his web guy passed away. His phone is 760-934-376four. I'd agree with what I'd read, what a great guy and interesting to talk to. I hope I can be that ambitious in my mid 80's. He was getting some terms mixed up here and there, but obviously still very sharp. He said he was working on a binding for NTN that would release in all directions like his Telebry plate, and that you could lock the heel down with the NTN boot. He answered my questions and I ordered some Telebry's for my Hammerheads though the site, he said that part was working fine. Hope he continues into his 100's. Broke my first ankle after over 20 years tele'ing, great that he's doing these.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Linken bindings

                            Originally posted by SoulMan View Post
                            If I recall, somebody on T-Tips asked about mounting Linkens or some kind of binding onto the Voile release plates. You may want to put out a data call on the board to see if you get any bites. Re the Voile's, I had them for several years, broke them, split them, and used foul language when I got a release and had to click back in. Some folks love 'em. But I don't!

                            I'll check my PM's occasionally to see if you need help.

                            SM
                            Hi there

                            I see that, last year, you were posting in connection with Linken bindings. I wonder if you know where I might buy some spare parts or the bindings themselves.

                            Thanks
                            Ian

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X