Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new tele binding...(NTN clamp, Dyna-toe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new tele binding...(NTN clamp, Dyna-toe)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fukrC4T3tO8
    Available autum 2014. Seems interesting. And real lightweight too.

Whoa, that looks promising. I have not heard or seen anything about this.

Comment

Double whoa. 400 grams to boot.

Comment

Hell yeah! No brakes but looks really nice. "Moins de 400 g per fixation"?!? My French aint too good, me speak 'Merican only but does not really mean less than 1 lb per binder?

Thanks for posting.

Comment

I don't think it is the French that is causing the confusion. I think this looks very interesting but will guess the translation. If you take one binding and don't count the heel piece and a few other parts it will weight 400 grams. I really don't know but I see a lot more then 400 grams in that picture. I can't see this beating the weight of a TTS or Radical by that much.
          Last edited by James; 16 April 2014, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Cool, looks interesting.

Comment

Moins de 400g par fixation = less than 400 g per binding = less than 800 g for the pair.

It also says in French that the release is independent of the preload.

Looks interesting. I couldn't see how the step in of the duckbutt was working and it didn't look as tight as a lot of people might like it, but it may be adjustable.

Comment

Looks awesome. Light weight, tech style free pivot, step in, release. Wonder what it will cost?

Comment

Originally posted by cesare View Post
                  It also says in French that the release is independent of the preload.
                  I don't speak French but noticed a third spring near the rear attachment for the release. It looks to me like the step in is like a bike pedal. It is beveled somehow so that when you step down it opens and clips on. I wonder how this will wear on the duckbutt. I don't see how this would not be as tight as a regular NTN. It is basically the exact same concept in how it attaches to the duckbutt and is secured by two springs.

I am curious how you would stay in to tour mode with out the heel risers up. Or how do you keep the duckbutt from clicking in to the binding. To me the big plus is the tech toe and ease of touring and not having to have all the extra hardware that regular NTN bindingss have in order to go in to tour mode.
                  Last edited by James; 16 April 2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I'm wondering about the tour-mode as well.

Comment

I am perfectly happy with the newer Freerides but would like to have more BC bindings options. I would sacrifice a lot if it had a tech toe for touring. So with TTS out the real question is what are the pros and cons of attaching to the duckbutt versus the heel.

Nurse Ben has been asking for exactly this for years.

Comment

Wow! My wife says I can have 3!As soon as I get rid of (Ebay?) the following: 2 sets of Mountaineers, 1 set of Bulldogs, 3 CRB's, 4 3pin/Cables, and 3 3pin/Hardwires! I wonder if I can get 200 bux for the lot ?? Oh wait, there are also the 2 Rottefella 412's and the 2 Rivas in the garage! But this binding will FORCE the ball of my foot down!!! I just know it!

Comment

Look who's back

Comment

Originally posted by freeheelwilly View Post
                            Look who's back
                            I thought that too for a split second and mostly because of the use of the emoticon. If you read the posts here http://www.backcountrytalk.earnyourt...n-older-newbie there is no way Ron could get past the third reply with out losing it.
                            Last edited by James; 16 April 2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cesare View Post
                              Moins de 400g par fixation = less than 400 g per binding
                              Fran├žais for those with a fixation fixation.

Comment

Working...
                              X