X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodbelan
    replied
    Originally posted by WernerKoch View Post
    Hi, please don't mix up glueless vaccuum skins with hybrid glue technology. Both cannot / do not need to be reglued but can be washed. To fully restore the initial high tack of hybrid skins, use the hybrid cleaning spray, the cleaning wipes (now included with the skins) or wax remover. It's often wax residues that reduce the tack and simple washing won't remove these. Wiping off the ski base before mounting skins and brushing off excess wax after waxing skis are the key to keep the hybrid glue clean and sticky! Stay safe, Werner- www.contourskins.com
    Ok Werner... I am surprised; I can use wax remover on those skins? If so, it will help. I cleaned them with soap and water (like E and Cham suggested). Still, there is some greasy film remaining here and there...

Leave a comment:

• WernerKoch
    replied
    Hi, please don't mix up glueless vaccuum skins with hybrid glue technology. Both cannot / do not need to be reglued but can be washed. To fully restore the initial high tack of hybrid skins, use the hybrid cleaning spray, the cleaning wipes (now included with the skins) or wax remover. It's often wax residues that reduce the tack and simple washing won't remove these. Wiping off the ski base before mounting skins and brushing off excess wax after waxing skis are the key to keep the hybrid glue clean and sticky! Stay safe, Werner- www.contourskins.com

Leave a comment:

• Rodbelan
    replied
    Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• chamonix
    replied
    There was a long thread on the Contour Hybrid (a vacuum skin) here.
    https://www.backcountrytalk.com/foru...re-and-feeding

in the thread I included a link to a TGR thread on these skins..

I have had pretty good luck, with the vacuum Kohla skins. They are great for ripping skins, with my skis still on, at the top of a climb, and pack very small. I can even ski a short pitch, with the skins in my hood, then reapply, with a clean ski base. I have toured with them , maybe 10 times, and don't feel the adhesive has diminished in any way.
    I store them adhesive to adhesive, so they are ready to go, without fiddling to remove a skin saver. Pull apart easily, even after storage. Click image for larger version  Name:	Climbing skins on one ski.jpg Views:	1 Size:	901.8 KB ID:	107372

Click image for larger version  Name:	Kohla skins 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	159.4 KB ID:	107371
    Last edited by chamonix; 27 January 2021, 07:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• -E-
    replied
    We need a sticky thread for silicon skins.

There is this stuff which seems to be on perpetual back order.
    https://backcountryaccess.com/en-us/...cleaning-spray

I have been using liquid Tide and following the video.

Somewhere I read that baby wipes work well but have yet to try.

Last edited by -E-; 27 January 2021, 06:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rodbelan
    started a topic Vacuum (silicon) skins care

Vacuum (silicon) skins care

I wonder if you guys have some experience with these... I got a pair of Hagan skins with vacuum silicon «glue» (I do not know how to call it). It seems there is no way to «reglue» that kind of stuff; you just need to wash em. Alcool (MH)? Warm water? Whiskey? Do you have a cue?
Working...
X