Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB AT boots mondo 28, and maybe some tech bindings.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB AT boots mondo 28, and maybe some tech bindings.

I'm teaching my friends son to ski. I'm thinking about buying him AT gear instead of resort gear. His boot size is mondo 28 and he's skiing some shortie skis about 155cm. I'm not looking for race quality, nor expensive AT gear. I'm just seeing what's out there in his range. I have a pair of vipecs, so I may have to donate them if I have no other choice, I'm sure any ski will do to start out, so I think skis will be easy to find locally. I am hoping to get cheap, decent AT boot in mondo 28 and I can probably make the rest happen. thanks for looking
    the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Could he use a 29? I have Scarpa Matrix with new never-molded liners. Also skis to match (non-tech bindings). Super deal on all or part.

Comment

thanks for the offer but nope, the boots are too big... What are the bindings and skis?

Comment

Sorry, I thought I would get a notification. I guess I have to manually subscribe.

Goode carbon 95 185 length, with Silvretta Pure

Comment

The skis are way too long. I've rented 155cm skis for him to learn on. No way he could handle 185cm. thanks

Comment

But, But... you're teaching him, right? Can't you just teach him that short skis suck?

Oh, and I measured. They are only 180

Edit, can't make winky work

Comment

Originally posted by Up&down View Post
              But, But... you're teaching him, right? Can't you just teach him that short skis suck?

Oh, and I measured. They are only 180

Edit, can't make winky work
              Ha Ha, great point, but he's coming along slowly. Even 155's are so short that I can't really find any for him, so I am looking into the 160's and he's just going to have to suck it up and make the extra effort to make them work. It's funny teaching someone who's never been on skis before. As soon as he's off balance slightly, he's on his way down.

Thanks for the offer, safe travel out there!

Comment

Best of luck in this endeavor

Subscribed to thread, still got no notification...

Comment

Working...
                X