No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Craig,

Is there any way you could prevent the WOT Snark threads from appearing when you click the "new posts" button (top left corner of my screen)? On the Other Forum, when you click "new posts" their Political Asshattery forum doesn't show up. This was something that was specifically disabled by popular request.

The return of certain forum members from imposed hiatus (self- or otherwise) causes more WOT snark threads to pop up than normal. I could give ****all about the random idiots arguing on the Internet about US immigration policy and the latest pronouncements from Shi'a militia leaders.

If this isn't possible, fine. But this annoyance, in addition to recent general thread thrunting, is a turnoff and makes it less likely that I will continue posting here.

Lightranger out.

I agree, Dostie.

The fact that LightRanger gets tweaked out over just seeing the titles of WOT threads in the "new posts" lists shows just how fragile the men in this forum have become. You should respect his condition and do your utmost to coddle him.

Comment

^^^ Case in point. It's a request. I'm not asking to be "coddled." Dostie is providing a forum for discussion at some cost to him (ostensibly a backcountry ski forum), but he also derives some benefit from the forum (driving traffic, etc.). He can manage the place as he sees fit. And I can post elsewhere.

Comment

It's not coddling to put the toilet seat down and keep feces from view. It's good manners.

Comment

There might be a way to do what you ask. I'll poke around a bit but if it doesn't reveal itself quickly another solution will be utilized.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

I'm lazy so i would be disappointed if I had to click more than once to see all new posts, which includes WOT snark.
            "Nobody ever got my name right." - Me

Comment

LightRanger,

It's is not possible to do what you ask. I'm heading to OR, then SIA, and don't have the time to deal with this petty BS. Y'all grow up a bit. Maybe re-read the Rules of Engagement and see if you can voluntarily comply, even when somebody else doesn't. Quid pro Quo just leads to escalation and doesn't work as a valid reason to respond in kind. It means you're no better, actually worse since you feel the anger it creates and you use that as justification to up the ante.

And for practical reasons, none personal, the instigators have been banned for a spell. If y'all want to talk politics you should spend a bit more time crafting your debate instead of keeping it as deep as California's snowpack. Or maybe discuss something that matters to all of us here, and we can actually have an influence on - like land use. There's some discussions that are just sitting there that could use our collective input. But no...y'all want to piss on each other about things you can't control.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Craig, please don't blame the many for the faults of a few. This forum was growing and had some very interesting and civil discussions and you know why it went south.
                Last edited by Baaahb; 16 January 2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dostie View Post
                  LightRanger,

It's is not possible to do what you ask. I'm heading to OR, then SIA, and don't have the time to deal with this petty BS.
                  Cool. Thanks for looking into it. Have fun at the shows. I, for one, appreciate the content you put up on EYT.

Comment

Working...
                  X