Lynx tech pin problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx tech pin problem!

Just been installing my new Lynx bindings on my skis. Everything went well till I spotted the tech toe pin was projecting through the rear of the tech toe which should be a "blind hole" on the V2 version. The pin is about 5mm too long. Looks to me like someone picked the wrong pin and punched it through the blind end of the hole (it's probably not very thick) Hopefully TP will sort this a.s.a.p. Did Cesare have a similar problem?Click image for larger version

Name:	P2110023.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	617.4 KB
ID:	99982Click image for larger version

Name:	P2110017.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	624.6 KB
ID:	99983

Exactly.

I am going to hold off saying anything more for the time being.

Comment

Just heard from TP it was a V1 Lynx pin used in error (by the look of it) they are checking their stock. Can't believe this got past QC at 22 Designs. They will swap my binding over great service from TP

Comment

Good. Yes, clearly that is V2 binding with no holes at the back....except in that one case!

Comment

I am confused. Are you talking about the black tech toe pins? And how are they projecting through the rear of the toe? There's a silver gizmo sticking out next to the crampon slot -- that isn't there on mine.

Comment

I think Dave is saying that there is but a thin veneer of metal there and a pin that is the wrong size got hammered through it.
            Last edited by cesare; 14th February 2020, 09:22 PM.

Comment

That's right looks very like the wrong pin has been used. The pins on V2 should not emerge from the back of the tech toe.

Comment

Just to make sure I understand correctly. To me the left pin looks shorter then the right tech pin. Is that correct? Hum, you could of gotten seriously hurt by that defect or ruined your boot tech fittings. On my V2s the pins have slots in them for breaking snow out of tech toes.

I just shipped my brand new Lynx back to ski shop for claw problems but that's a different issue than yours.

22 designs really missed the mark on this binding.

Comment

No, it is not the tech pins i.e. the ones that enter the boot fitting. It is the pins that the blue tech arms rotate around that are the problem. Sorry about any confusion, difficult as I don't know the correct name for each component. Have a look at the photos the RHS one is sticking out from the back of the arm. Good news TP are posting the new component out on Monday- great service.

Comment

Alright, are you talking about this?

Comment

TP has excellent service. They’ve shipped me 4 Meidjo spring boxes for failures I’ve had with them.

You should get a new complete Lynx tech toe for the 22D QC issue you have with your Lynx.
                      Function in disaster, finish in style.

Comment

That's the one dschane sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Renton View Post
                          That's the one dschane sorry for the confusion.
                          Yes, that's an odd thing. And no need to apologize. Glad 22D is swapping that out.

Comment

My parts arrived yesterday. Only problem is I arrived at Rishiri Island yesterday and I will be here for a week. Skiing on my ION TTS here with my broken Lynx only as backup. I'll put everything back together next Sunday when I get home. Today's stormy consolation prize. Tomorrow hoping to get up higher.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_c16.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	100096
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X