Meidjo & leash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meidjo & leash

I have just swapped a NTN Freedom for a Meidjo - good deal! It is (I think) a 1.2, so not super deal.
    It will be used with leashes, though I do not see an obvious mounting point (as with Dynafits). Any advice?

To start it will be used on my Tele-race skis, which also are great fun on hard pistes. With only 65mm waist it slightly overhangs, had to trim a few mm of the plastic base. May have to get a riser.

With 13 screws to drill, it is quite a performance, especially when you do not initially realise the template given is for a 2.0 (yes I am an idiot) so one ski has 15 holes....plus the ones from the 2 previous bindings, Swiss Cheese!! Will have to land my jumps nice and softly - like it should be done.

One thing I noticed is that between the 4 screws and plate holding the pivot assembly and the toe assembly, there is the plastic base joining the two, and the pivot plate goes further forward than necessary, perhaps something to do with ski-crampons? I may remove it, saving weight and perhaps providing more space for snow collecting to naturally clear.

Originally posted by telemarkmark View Post
    I have just swapped a NTN Freedom for a Meidjo - good deal! It is (I think) a 1.2, so not super deal.
    It will be used with leashes, though I do not see an obvious mounting point (as with Dynafits). Any advice?
    Probably want an intermediary wire loop as shown below to connect the leash to.

Click image for larger version

Name:	leash-connect_1494.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	95866

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

I was able to get a plastic clasp G3 clip to loop through the hole on the side of my 1.2s (see Dostie's pic), but recently went to install a BD Clipwire on and lost patience due to how difficult it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
        I was able to get a plastic clasp G3 clip to loop through the hole on the side of my 1.2s (see Dostie's pic), but recently went to install a BD Clipwire on and lost patience due to how difficult it was.
        Needle-nosed pliers are more or less mandatory.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Thanks, I was thinking of trying that hole, though unsure whether it would get in the way of the moving bits.

Comment

Working...
          X