No announcement yet.

Mountain Bike Thread - 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, the Mojo is Lynn's, med frame, X01 build with Roxy women's tune and 11x50 Eagle. 2.35 Nobby Nics and MRP Ramp Control. It fits pretty well at 5'6" and a medium frame. She runs a 50mm stem and 780 bars. Total weight is a little over 26# with pedals. Three of my friends are on Ripley's and I think if the Ripmo was out I would have considered that for me. My High Tower XL fit me great and is a amazing bike. Not the easiest to ride in tight technical trails as it is long and tall. But can really climb.......
    "Just say no to groomed snow"

Comment

Back up to the Tamarack Lake Trail that climbs adjacent to 431(Mt. Rose Hiway) and we were able to get in a lot farther today than we did last week in the videos. So, we got above Tamarack Lake and got stopped climbing the steep ridge on the South side of Proletariat to the Mt. Rose Proper hiking trail. This is a worthy bike trail lots, of doable switchbacks and solid blue level ride. Anyway, today we rode constantly for 1:15 with a little bike hike dealing with snow.

Some pics of today
      Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000477.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	96415Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000476.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	8.23 MB
ID:	96416Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000479.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	96417

Comment

Pads don't work if you leave them in your pack for the uphill. I relearned that lesson this AM, I powered up a feature a bit too hot and bounced off a rock and caught my front wheel between two small stumps, uphill OTB to rock pile. Fortunately going pretty slow, still another scar to add to the bunch.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	P1000521.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.71 MB ID:	96581Click image for larger version  Name:	P1000523.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.76 MB ID:	96582

Comment

Missed yer weenus, eh?

Comment

Wow Ibis just released the all new Ripmo AF, aluminum version of their premium enduro bike. $3000 to start!

Comment

meh tt/st junction looks like a Walmart product
              “Taking away someone’s opinion is no different than sewing a man’s butthole shut.”

Comment

Yesterday around South Lake Tahoe, pic grabbed from TGR
                We are going today and see if we can find any snow but will only be from 5,500-7,000

Click image for larger version  Name:	Opera Snapshot_2019-09-17_072044_www.tetongravity.com (2) (695x640).jpg Views:	1 Size:	405.8 KB ID:	96796
                Last edited by Quadzilla; 17th September 2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Upper Clear Creek toward top of 50 and Spooner Summit and TRT. Temps 38 at TH off Jacks Valley. Elevation around 7,800+-, ride was around 19 miles and over 2,000' climb. Trail was tacky and fun........

Name:	cold sept.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	1.32 MB
ID:	96805

Comment

Nice views on my ride last night, probably my last "after work" ride of the year.

Name:	IMG_20190918_185945.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	3.40 MB
ID:	96812

Comment

• Yesterday a little above Tahoe City at around 6,500-7,000 showing a decent amount of coverage. Riders are Tahoe locals riding Ebikes and crushing it on slippery and wet conditions. Don't think the snow will stick around but the wet will buff out the trails for a long time.........

Name:	ACF4ADA3-47F8-456C-9631-8C4332680ABB (960x1280).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	96883

Comment

• Here's a pic from a month ago. Great views but had something on the lens of my camera, so they didn't turn out well. But you can see these.... and why I'm posting here!

Name:	IMG_8301.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	96896

Name:	IMG_8300.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	96895
                        Attached Files

Comment

• What's with those posts in your seatpost?

Comment

• One is for a trail-a-bike that can probably come off by next season and the other is for a trailer - single wheel with suspension that attaches at the seatpost so easy to move from bike to bike. Brand name escapes me right now but out of Europe.

And the EYT straps of course!

Comment

• Comment

• Last day of the 2019 bike season for Lynn as new hip next week and rule is that no injuries, cuts or scuffs or surgery is called off. So, even so it is going to be a great weekend weather wise, not going to risk it. For me, losing my regular ride partner for the rest of the season is concerning but I have a number of people I ride with. WTBS, I have had a series of wrecks the past couple of weeks and this is telling me to back off or face a injury that can cost me the up coming ski season and all my work during the off ski season. So, wear all my protective gear and use good judgement.

Ride today was 21 miles and 1850 vert of blue flow trail on sandy and soft trail condition in South Carson City/Minden. Coll with temps at TH of 43 start and 45 finish with a cool NE wind.

Name:	P1000665 (1280x1136).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	97071Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000668 (1280x1242).jpg
Views:	25
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	97072
                                Last edited by Quadzilla; 11th October 2019, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X