Never Mind the Mountain Bike Thread, here's Minimalist Sculpture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never Mind the Mountain Bike Thread, here's Minimalist Sculpture

After hanging up the skins, those of us looking for a meaningful aesthetic and creative outlet turn to minimalist sculpture.

Here's a look at my first (in progress) of the season. As these things go, it is in the very, very, very, very, very early stages.

Working title is IPv6.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IPv6a.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	575.2 KB
ID:	95640

A picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Nice recycled bricks ! I'll send ongoing project pictures when I get to the cottage.

Comment

It's done!
        (retitled)

Overnight to Many Distant Cities

Click image for larger version  Name:	OTMDC.JPG Views:	0 Size:	568.7 KB ID:	95892

detail:

Click image for larger version  Name:	OTMDC(detail).JPG Views:	0 Size:	491.0 KB ID:	95893
        Last edited by aqua toque; 18th May 2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Furthermore, in what can only be described as stubborn creativity, I hammered this one out in two days of inclement weather:

ARRANGEMENT 2

Name:	Arrangement 2.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	597.4 KB
ID:	95895

Name:	Arrangement 2 a.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	684.9 KB
ID:	95896

Comment

Staging of the staging.

Beautiful.

Comment

Brick veneer on the house?

Comment

fOxGoDeYe

Click image for larger version  Name:	fOxGoDeYe.jpg Views:	1 Size:	197.8 KB ID:	96110

Comment

Is that a bad drone picture ?

Comment

You say that like bad drone pictures are a bad thing.

But no, it's a still from a cheap Costco security cam.

Harshly aesthetically compelling.

Comment

Here is my latest Cottage project, under duress. Not as aesthetically pleasing as the brick sculpture. But when our old vinyl floor buckled up, I knew I had to re-tile kitchen floor.
                      If anyone tells you snap-in-vinyl flooring is a "snap", run away !

Name:	New kitchen floor with mess.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	96135
                      Deal was , if I finished the floor before my wife arrives at cottage, I could leave the place a mess. After numerous "projects" the floor is finished, and rest of the cottage is a mess.

Comment

cham, that is an intriguing work...not particularly "minimalist"... it falls more into the realm of "installation".

Did you draw inspiration from "Storm Room" by Cardiff and Miller?

A 2.5 minute excerpt from 10 minute art installation by Janet Cardiff and George Bures Miller. A computer controls the flow of water, the lights, the strobes, and the fans, etc. An ambisonic sound track plays through 8 hidden speakers and 2 hidden subwoofers. The piece begins as the storm approaches, with no water hitting the windows, then proceeds to the incredibly loud, floor shaking climax.

Comment

I'll try to shoot some video, when the next "storm" hits...

Comment

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/ra...oo-many-stones

vs.

http://sevenmagicmountains.com

Comment

Rock stackers are hacks and deserve no mention in a thread of this calibre.

SEVEN MAGIC MOUNTAINS is good and he has a permit. But the title is teh suck.

Comment

Working...
                              X