Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I lost / left my skis in Lassen - did you find them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lost / left my skis in Lassen - did you find them?

In one of my most brilliant moves ever, I believe I left a pair of skis and poles in the snow at the visitor center at Lassen last week, Sunday afternoon, March 16.

Can you let me know if you hear of anyone finding a pair of Voile Charger BC skis, with a patterned base and Dynafit bindings, as well as a pair of black Line poles with red grips?

It's still possible that I did something else, equally dumb, but I've been eliminating other possibilities one by one, and this seems to be the most likely scenario. I checked my ski house in Mineral, as well as at the trailhead this weekend, and no luck. They are not with my boots or other ski gear. It's starting to look very much like I left them in the snow on Sunday, and somebody picked them up before Friday evening, when I went back and looked for them.

Copious quantities of your favorite beverage* will be provided if you can help me track them down.

*Beverage reward quantities is in inverse proportion to beverage value. 12 pack of Racer 5, for instance, or case of Tecate. If your favorite beverage is Opus One, quantity would be significantly smaller.

Thanks!

Oh, the snow in Lassen was/is awesome right now. Super fun skiing. Get it!

Richard
    Last edited by Dostie; 18 March 2019, 02:50 PM.

Good luck with it! Hope someone does the right thing...
    Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Anybody? Do I need to up the quantities of reward beverage to get a response?

Comment

I emailed a couple of buddies who I knew were up there that weekend, but they were there on Saturday. Good luck man. That sucks.

I'd suggest posting your same message in here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...e-Internets!!! and here: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...itions-Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_Bothwell View Post
          In one of my most brilliant moves ever, I believe I left a pair of skis and poles in the snow at the visitor center at Lassen last week, Sunday afternoon, March 16.

Can you let me know if you hear of anyone finding a pair of Voile Charger BC skis, with a patterned base and Dynafit bindings, as well as a pair of black Line poles with red grips?

It's still possible that I did something else, equally dumb, but I've been eliminating other possibilities one by one, and this seems to be the most likely scenario. I checked my ski house in Mineral, as well as at the trailhead this weekend, and no luck. They are not with my boots or other ski gear. It's starting to look very much like I left them in the snow on Sunday, and somebody picked them up before Friday evening, when I went back and looked for them.

Copious quantities of your favorite beverage* will be provided if you can help me track them down.

*Beverage reward quantities is in inverse proportion to beverage value. 12 pack of Racer 5, for instance, or case of Tecate. If your favorite beverage is Opus One, quantity would be significantly smaller.

Thanks!

Oh, the snow in Lassen was/is awesome right now. Super fun skiing. Get it!

Richard
          Sunday to Friday before you checked? I put my skis up the minute I get home.

Good luck, but dude, pay attention. Smoka da weed?

Comment

Originally posted by 3PinGrin View Post
            Sunday to Friday before you checked? I put my skis up the minute I get home.

Good luck, but dude, pay attention. Smoka da weed?
            nope, no weed smoking involved. I knew as soon as I got home that I didn't have the skis. From Monday to Friday I thought they were in my ski house in Mineral. I was really surprised when I went back last Friday, and didn't see them in the house. That's when I realized I left them at the trailhead.

Comment

It's still possible that I did something else, equally dumb, ...
              I once lost a pair of ski poles, even recalled later hearing some odd noise when I drove away at the end of the day ...

Only to find they were hiding in the back of truck ... for months ... wedged up behind the back seat so I could not see them ...

So I still ski the old poles and have an identical pair of nearly "spares".

Well ... probably not your situation. Unless they have walked themselves to some odd corner of your house ...

-r

Comment

nope, no weed smoking involved. I knew as soon as I got home that I didn't have the skis. From Monday to Friday I thought they were in my ski house in Mineral. I was really surprised when I went back last Friday, and didn't see them in the house. That's when I realized I left them at the trailhead.
                Ah, well bummer. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X