Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic Pass - Japan, but no Eldora? Not so Epic anymore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Pass - Japan, but no Eldora? Not so Epic anymore!

My understanding is Eldora is no longer included.

I guess "Epic" requires even your 3-2 two chair to operate

That is a cheap shot. I wonder if Cannonball has seen its last?

Though - two chairs side by side - does provide redundancy.

Was it Epic that had days this year (last year) at Mt Ruapehu New Zealand ...
    that is like having Eldora included ... I guess one to many "Vailer's" got duped ...
    "Honey, lets take our 2-week ski vacation at Eldora this year instead of Beaver Creek!"

Ski and ride the best of Japan and the USA on the Epic Pass.

2014-2015 Epic Pass holders receive five free consecutive days at Niseko, Japan, as well as unlimited, unrestricted skiing in Colorado, Utah, and Tahoe. Ski and snowboard the best mountains in the world including Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin in Colorado; Canyons in Park City, Utah; Heavenly, Northstar and Kirkwood in Lake Tahoe; and now Niseko, Japan, for the 2014-2015 winter season.
    About Niseko United, Japan

Niseko United, as it’s commonly referred to, is made up of four base areas, including:
    • Annupurri;
    • Grand Hirafu;
    • Niseko Village; and
    • Hanazono

I was already dreaming about a trip Japan next winter. The epic pass was a great deal for me this winter. Two weeks in Colorado paid for the pass. Japan and Colorado, plus my local resorts for 2014-2015. Bring it on!!

Comment

Not Epic anymore, and less of Eldora even: no nordic area included with next year's season pass. And still no passholder bennies like buddy tickets, food and lesson
      discounts, reciprocal days at other areas etc.

BUT the parking is still free. So is the icy dermabrasion

It would be fun to ski in Japan.

Comment

I use to hold a Vail Pass of some sort largely because I fully expected to spend a lot of time at Vail gratis - and I would just need the lift-tickets.

But yes, I could easily rationalize an Epic Pass for Japan; wave to Japan on the way to Korea ... weekend in Japan (though if Vail could arrange something with the North.)

I have come to understand why murder mysteries are so appealing.

-r

Comment

People still ski at Eldora?

Comment

Eldora parking lot has to turn people away many weekends. Perhaps Epic pass was bringing too many people for not enough revenue. Still its a bummer. There's no way I'd buy an Eldora pass but would like more than a 4-pack. So stepping up from Epic Local to full Epic Pass was a great deal. Looks like too great a deal.

Comment

Btw, adding Niseko makes the pass more Epic. 600"+ years are common. Best to go Dec-Jan when sun angles low as a lot of great terrain is SE or SW facing. Be careful not to fall into a glide crack.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Niseko Crack1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	81287

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                Eldora parking lot has to turn people away many weekends. Perhaps Epic pass was bringing too many people for not enough revenue. Still its a bummer. There's no way I'd buy an Eldora pass but would like more than a 4-pack. So stepping up from Epic Local to full Epic Pass was a great deal. Looks like too great a deal.
                I'm really curious about the contract details and the revenue results.

Comment

Working...
                X