What are the odds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the odds?

So the missus and I are skiing at Targhee, second resort day of the year. First run. Total whiteout at top of Dreamcatcher. A fellow hooks up with us...needed some reference to see which way was down.

My God, it's a TTipper, or at least claimed to be one. Is this really axebiker? Can anyone vouch for him?

He did have a "telemarking is stupid" sticker on his helmet. I guess that counts for something.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chris.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	89327Click image for larger version

Name:	chrisb.JPG
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	89328

Actually, second resort day in two years. Not bad, 18" in the last 24 hours, relatively light stuff. Folks must be starved out there. 2 of 4 parking lots were full before the lifts even opened.

Hips fine. Muscles weak. Need to do this downhill stuff more often.

And, just to round out the thread, here is QZ on a Tahoe bluebird powder day...about 3 weeks ago.

Name:	ron.jpg
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	89329
    Last edited by Baaahb; 2 March 2014, 07:10 PM.

Great shots, gives me the deep snow jealousy out here in VT.

Comment

It was me...or what was left of me...

Great day, as long as no one got more than 50 yards away from each other! First time I've ever had the sensation of what it's like to not "hit the bottom" of the snow...simply amazing!

It was a treat to meet ya, Baaahb (and your better half -she RIPPED!!). Thanks for guiding the blind today. Great pics...ya managed to get me on the verge of eating s**t both times!!! Lol...

Good day on the hill, and great happenstance to meet some "new friends"!

...and yes, Telemarking is stupid on any hill over 300'...
      Last edited by axebiker; 2 March 2014, 08:20 PM.

Comment

One of my most fun ski days EVER was at Targhee with the Telechicas back in '07. Took the shuttle over from Jackson Hole, visibility so poor that you couldn't see
        from one lift tower to the next, had to shout at each other to stay together. I think it snowed 18" that day. That was fun.

Visibility

Name:	IMG_1849.jpg
Size:	11.0 KB
ID:	81278

Enjoying some great snow. (I know that looks like a dpp, but the snow was so deep the pole was just dragging.)

Name:	IMG_1941.jpg
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	81279

Comment

^^ Looks like you could see more than one chair ahead. We weren't even allowed that "courtesy" yesterday. Barely a chair. Still had fun though!

FWIW, I had the same issue at Jackson on Friday too.

Comment

Wow! Great looking snow. Send some out East..

Comment

Bob, you seem to be weathering the CA drought quite well. Retirement obviously has its perks.

We have had a mediocre season in Utah. The nordic skiing did improve after your visit, and has been pretty good all winter, but the end is in sight now.

Comment

It wasn't snowing that heavily but, unless you were standing on the edge of a cat track, you literally could not see the snow at your feet, just a globe of whiteness around you. It made it hard to place turns in patches of untracked, though I'm sure there were some. (The pics were all taken about halfway down, where the visibility improved.)

Greg, if you have not skated up Teton Canyon (near Driggs) on a clear day, you must make an effort do that on one of your trips to West Yellow.

Still lots of snow up here, though the storms have been coming in warm. No end in sight and it still may be months away.
                Last edited by Baaahb; 3 March 2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Geez, Baaahb, this is one involved hoax. We know you don't even ski. How long have you been working on this "axebiker" puppet of yours, and who's really shipping all that superfluous gear from Michigan?

Comment

And who's to say stevesliva isn't yet another of my aliases? The bigger the hoax, the more likely folks are to believe it.

Comment

I too am Baaahb.

Comment

For all we know, Baaahb is an axemurderer.

Comment

A product of chemtrails, surely.

Comment

I have the most colorful images of what "axebiker" means, I forgot to ask.
                            Last edited by Baaahb; 3 March 2014, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Mysteries are almost always a good thing...

Comment

Working...
                              X