X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypocrisy - the new definition

http://www.9news.com/news/article/37...y-smoke-shacks

http://kdvr.com/2014/02/26/report-we...ack-destroyed/

I'll drink [1] to that! Maybe it would improve my tree skiing.

Sure happy Vail Resorts and USFS is making absolutely sure nobody is skiing a little tipsy by not allowing alcohol to be served while the lifts are open.

[1] Bloody Mary avant ski, couple of beers milieu ski, and a double whiskey apr├Ęs ski and for the drive ...

I'm all for banning alcohol - being depressant, it is bad for reaction. And judgement.

But that guy who said that "those who can handle the pot, should be able to" is right.
    Not that I've ever skied stoned, but from my childhood I remember how pot made me over-analytical and really careful about anything.
    I like all kinds of snow. The only poor snow I know of is ice. That better be climbed.

Comment

!ski,

IMO your title misses the mark. It's not a new definition of hypocrisy, just another example of it. Politically speaking, an example of how the Fedzilla is out of touch with The Peeps. The smaller state of Colorado got it, the bigger bureaucracy that controls land use permits, did not. Vail had no choice.

Setting up a smoke shack was a silly idea anyway. Talk about giving the Feds the finger. Ha! Of course they had to destroy 'em. Using explosives to demolish hardly seems ecologically appropriate - but then, we're talking about hypocrisy, right?
      Last edited by Dostie; 28 February 2014, 10:30 AM.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Yes...pathetic response.

I don't understand all this reference to ski resorts being on federal land. So what? Federal laws don't just apply to federal land. Sure, it gives the feds leverage over the ski resorts, but smoking pot in Colorado is illegal under federal law regardless of where you toke.

Sorry, but this is one more instance where Obama could have been a leader but is a sheep.

Comment

Blowing these things up is not about pot, it's about illegal structures on public land. Thank God for Inside Edition....protecting our public lands from abuse.
          Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Originally posted by BillyFromTheHills View Post
            Blowing these things up is not about pot, it's about illegal structures on public land. Thank God for Inside Edition....protecting our public lands from abuse.
            That's true, these have always been verboten. But the justification they are using seems to be marijuana prevention.

It's all dumb anyway, the shacks are cool but don't really provide anything for someone who wants to puff; simply ducking into the woods is enough.

Comment

They blew up the old Ganjala shack on Horseshoe Springs at Crested Butte years ago so blowing them up isn't new. I always kind of thought it was one of those "If your only tool is a hammer, all your problems look like nails." kind of scenarios. Plus I bet it's fun for patrol. Shacks seem unnecessary, are illegal, and could be a hazard since they aren't up to code.
              It went down because some kid got busted with pot by his mom and he said he found it in that shack. She demanded action and CBMR blew it up. It had probably been there for many years before then.

All that being said I don't typically visit any shacks. It just seems unnecessary and I'd usually rather just keep skiing.

Really what I think should be illegal is people being idiots and endangering others. Whether it's driven by booze, pot, or just recklessness it doesn't matter to me. People can be irresponsible in all states of mind. Conveniently enough that actually is already illegal so they shouldn't have to change anything.

Comment

Blame Vail marketing and Inside Edition's faux news, not the Feds. I'm 98% sure the local USFS dudes knew about many if not most of these things. They're not stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by chamonix
                  Well the people who blew up another structure on Vail (really USFS) property were labelled as Eco Terrorists, and given prison sentences as Felons.
                  I like lynxes as much as the next person, but... really? That's a dip**** analogy.

Comment

fuggin sheeet MattB, there's no room for reasonableness in this here discussion, go get a room

Comment

Because I run over small children and loose all sense of balance every time I toke up. Just blow up the shacks and I will be a more responsible and upright citizen.

Comment

^^^ Did you see the video clip?

My bull****-o-meter was pegged at a pretty high level when they found some random dudes who were falling on the hill after smoking, and implied that they were falling simply because they were ripped--with no allowance for the fact that they might be total gapers.

Comment

Originally posted by cesare View Post
                          Because I run over small children and loose all sense of balance every time I toke up.
                          We suspected as much.

Comment

Looser. ...

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                              People can be irresponsible in all states of mind.
                              No, that is not correct.
                              I like all kinds of snow. The only poor snow I know of is ice. That better be climbed.

Comment

Working...
                              X