Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If they are knuckle draggers ... telemarkers are? (Tyrannosaurs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If they are knuckle draggers ... telemarkers are? (Tyrannosaurs)

I said "Did he bring his skis?" (Meaning "snow sport equipment".)

A-hole across the table says "He is a knuckle dragger" (Some had to ask "what"?)

So what is a telemarker who skis low and touches the snow with their hand?

Tele skiers are pole draggers? Though some are pole high holders?

On my current equipment, no matter, I just can't quite touch the snow in a full tuck open fast turn.

But on the internet nobody knows you are a tyrannosaur with short little tyrannosaur arms.

Like Chimpanzees, Tyrannosaurs could probably ski, well maybe snowboard ... that whole arm thing ...

-r

You want to coin a term for free heel skiers? Luddite. Narcissist. Bored. Nordic.

On a fresh groomed run angulating enough to reach down and touch the snow shouldn't be too difficult. Just takes speed and commitment. Be careful though I remember a prominent poster reporting some pretty serious injuries from going over the bars carving. My best memories of laying it down are from having access to closed runs when working at a hill. No worries of human obstacles and fresh corduroy are nice for carving. Less pitch than you'd think too IMO.

Comment

Speed helps. Big arching turns and lean on over! You don't have to get that low. Spread those arms straight out and fly through the turn leaning til you touch the gods….or something like that. Some snow boarder don't like it. Don't stoop and touch the snow next to your skis. Lamo IMO, but a good balance drill.

Knuckle dragging powder at mach 1.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1205.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	81046

Comment

Ball draggers.
        "Nobody ever got my name right." - Me

Comment

Originally posted by Matt J View Post
          Be careful though I remember a prominent poster reporting some pretty serious injuries from going over the bars carving.

Upside, I bet my hips were almost touching the snow. Downside I still can't really lay the skis over with out thinking abut that crash.

Comment

Originally posted by !ski View Post
            So what is a telemarker who skis low and touches the snow with their hand?
            A farmer, pointing the way, with a radish.

Comment

Things are getting weird around these parts.
              Lift served and proud of it.

Comment

Working...
              X