Seattle Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Sucks

OK, we know it works. But you don't see members of the defensive line shouting at the quarterback, making it impossible for the offensive line to hear his signals. Why not? Because it is unsportsmanlike. Calling signals is part of the game. Seattle, you are a bunch of neanderthals. You made your point. Now STFU or the refs will start holding the game until the signals can be heard.

Really? Spend much time as a fan in a stadium? Being able to overcome that adversity shows great coaching, great play calling and a cohesive team. I don't think I've ever heard a player, ref, coach or fan bitch about a 12th man advantage as unfair. A pain in the ass yes but unfair?
    Lift served and proud of it.

Comment

... it's football, not a sport...

Comment

Football is most definitely a sport. You might not like the beast that it has become but it's still sport.
        Originally posted by Todd Eastman View Post
        ... it's football, not a sport...

Comment

OK, maybe "sucks" is a little harsh. I like Seattle. And they did play well. And they were getting to Brees.

Comment

[QUOTEFootball is most definitely a sport. You might not like the beast that it has become but it's still sport.][/QUOTE]

Naw, it's entertainment like pro wrestling and reality shows...

Comment

Man the Troll's are hungry today. No more treats for you.
              Originally posted by Todd Eastman View Post
              [QUOTEFootball is most definitely a sport. You might not like the beast that it has become but it's still sport.]
              Naw, it's entertainment like pro wrestling and reality shows...[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Baaahb View Post
                OK, maybe "sucks" is a little harsh. I like Seattle. And they did play well. And they were getting to Brees.
                Well then, Drew Brees needs to sack up.

Which he didn't do....

Comment

OK, we know it works. ... Calling signals is part of the game.
                  Have you ever been to a college or pro level football game in person? I'm pretty sure crowd noise is part of the game, too.

Anyways, this was laughed at around here:

Unsportsmanlike conduct in Seattle

Was anyone else appalled by the unsportsmanlike conduct of the Seattle Seahawks and their fans, juiced on noise, which surely creates as big an advantage over an opponent as any performance enhancing drug and which, to their shame, NFL officials turn the same blind eye they have to concussions and drugs ("Seattle states case loudly, clearly in rout," Sports, Sept. 16)?

It would be simple to fix. Seahawks players and managers would ask their fans to cease and desist, and the NFL would implement a new rule: The visiting team may stop the game when fan noise is greater than a specified decibel level, and should this rule be violated in more than three games, no home games will be played at the offending field for the rest of the season, including playoff games. Things would quiet down.

At a time when the world seems sour, sports give us a place of joy, community and hope, and to have it spoiled is a bigger loss than it seems on the surface.

Judy Spelman, Rich Schiller,

Point Reyes Station
                  http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/letter...17-4819523.php

Comment

Originally posted by stevesliva View Post
                    Have you ever been to a college or pro level football game in person? I'm pretty sure crowd noise is part of the game, too.

Anyways, this was laughed at around here
                    Yeah, I think it's pretty funny, too. My rant was WAY better. The ref should just have the ability to hold up the game, like in Tennis. All football rules should follow from tennis.

Comment

Better yet... golf.
                      Yeah, I think it's pretty funny, too. My rant was WAY better. The ref should just have the ability to hold up the game, like in Tennis. All football rules should follow from tennis.

Comment

Nope, I was right the first time. Seattle sucks

thanks, colin

Comment

OK That sucks.
                          I'd bet Coach Carroll doesn't think too highly of that move.

Comment

Pete Carroll is a cheating little bitch who left SC just in time.

Also, Seattle fans would like to think they're louder than everybody else in the NFL, but it's really just the accoustics of The Clink:
                            http://mynorthwest.com/874/2358028/B...elds-Architect http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2...-so-darn-loud/

#goniners #questforonevsquestforsix

Comment

Well, they don't call the Seattle fans the 12th player for nothing. Just heard that Seattle is not allowing any tickets to be sold to anyone who is not a Washington resident. Bottomline, if Kap is on, Seattle is toast.
                              "Just say no to groomed snow"

Comment

Working...
                              X