Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock_Doc
    replied
    ^^^^^^^^ looks like someone spent their hiatus from t-tips hanging out on tgr . . . nttiawwt

Leave a comment:

• riser3
    replied
    If it's gonna be that kinda party then I'm gonna stick my dick in the mashed potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• BillyFromTheHills
    replied
    Suck the head, squeeze the tip...

Leave a comment:

• twopass
    replied
    Originally posted by Tele 'til You're Smelly View Post
    Well he did say all else being equal.
    To be fair it was his comment that prompted that edit.

why do you ask?
    Dunno'. Guess there's snow everwhere else.................

Leave a comment:

• Tele 'til You're Smelly
    replied
    Originally posted by MattB View Post
    You're over simplifying the issue. Ski length is one contributing factor. Springs, boot stiffness, ski stiffness, and probably some other stuff I'm not thinking of should be considered too.
    Well he did say all else being equal. I suppose it's true (less area equals greater pressure on each part of the ski, including the tip), but why do you ask?

Leave a comment:

• Baaahb
    replied
    Turn initiation usually starts with the tip - especially in powder conditions -- and it is much easier to turn or control the tip with a shorter ski. Both the lever effect, and, more importantly, less length getting in the way. Kind of like the same principle as turning a big boat versus a small boat.

Leave a comment:

• Rock_Doc
    replied
    Originally posted by SkaredShtles View Post
    The answer is beer.
    Dang, I thought the answer was bacon. Or did all those years of lurking on t-tips not teach me anything?

Leave a comment:

• MattB
    replied
    Sounds good to me!

Leave a comment:

• SkaredShtles
    replied
    The answer is beer.

Leave a comment:

• MattB
    replied
    You're over simplifying the issue. Ski length is one contributing factor. Springs, boot stiffness, ski stiffness, and probably some other stuff I'm not thinking of should be considered too.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    I don't see how ski length or the binding effects pressuring the ski or your lateral foot to foot pressure. I can see how ski length and binding activity effect where the binding puts the pressure on the ski or how the binding would lever the pressure to the front of the ski and with a shorter ski this leverage would be greater.
    Last edited by James; 7 January 2014, 03:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• twopass
    started a poll Supposition;

Supposition;

True
    50.00%
    False
    50.00%
    All other factors being equal, the shorter the ski the less power is needed from a telemark binding to pressure the front of the inside ski.
    Last edited by twopass; 7 January 2014, 04:34 PM.
Working...
X