Earnyourturns Report Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnyourturns Report Card

I'm really liking this site, especially all the current reviews of gear. G3's new Ion looks really interesting and cool even though I spend more time on telemark gear than AT. Still, a nice review. The wide array of info on boots, skis, bindings, skins is great. Keep it up Craig!!! And I really like a few of the usual posters, CSG, Big Steve and Valdez Telehead for their photo work. Living in California in a no snow year is disappointing, at least I can see nice TR's by these folks although I miss the reports from B, Quadzilla and the Tahoe folks. Anyway, well done Craig, keep the gear reviews coming!!!

Ja, can't wait to get an ION for full scale testing (including some TTS abuse).

And thanks for the props, very welcome after flexing the bouncer muscles this morning.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

I haven't locked a heel in about 15 years but that Ion is the best looking AT binding I've seen. It appears easy to use and the weight penalty isn't too bad. Let's see if G3 built it to last.

I'm sure whoever you had to toss was not adding to this community, Dostie.

Comment

Thumbs up from me.

Originally posted by Dostie View Post
        flexing the bouncer muscles this morning.
        Take no prisoners, leave only ski tracks. Or something like that.

Comment

One of my main ski partners is contracted to do the Industrial Design for G3 and his two projects over the last year were the Ion and their new carbon pole (shhhhhhh). The step-in on the Ion is one of the cleanest I've seen on a tech binding and they do look fantastic (his job is not the mechanics, but to put the mechanics into a package that works and looks great).

The new poles are a work of art. Dostie... see if you can get your hands on a set. The basket is brilliant and reflects how we've modified powder baskets for a couple years now.

Comment

I purchased a Dynafit binding and boot combo a year ago and like the features even though my favorite setup involves Voile Switchbacks. But the Ion features and nice packaging job look especially appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by Dostie View Post
              Ja, can't wait to get an ION for full scale testing (including some TTS abuse).

And thanks for the props, very welcome after flexing the bouncer muscles this morning.
              Dang. I always miss the excitement.
              "Nobody ever got my name right." - Me

Comment

Same BS with the same players...you missed nothing.
                Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Gotta echo, this is the website I check every day. Loving it Dostie.

Comment

Yes, Thanks Dostie.
                    I should mention, with the side-by-side tabs at the top it's easy to click on the Mother site, "Earn Your Turns" too.
                    So overall a great service to our community.
                    Last edited by chamonix; 9 January 2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPQR View Post
                      Keep it up Craig!!! And I really like a few of the usual posters, CSG, Big Steve and Valdez Telehead for their photo work.
                      <ahem> MattB <ahem> . . . .
                      Soccer is a game of feet. Hockey is a game of inches.

Comment

Hey Dostie, I'm in guatemala, all I have is my android phone on wifi mode and the site seems to work really well. I've been able to post and read without any problems. I agree , the site is coming along, the recent changes helped. good job

Comment

Working...
                        X