Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will NNN BC bindings keep from packing up in ungroomed conditions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will NNN BC bindings keep from packing up in ungroomed conditions?

What i want to know is will NNN BC bindings and boots resist snow packing up under the sole ?? and still provide good lateral control.
    The SNS Pilot would probably give me adequate lateral stability and control BUT I don't know about how well they shed loose snow - the big problem is compressible damp snow when it is below or close to freezing - the kind we used to call in the streets of NYC "good packing snow" for snow balls.
    I think I may have gone out occasionally on my racing skating skis with SNS Pilot bindings in such conditions - I don't have a clear recollection whether they packed up-
    probably because trying to skate in that crap is almost impossible so I probably aborted early.
    For deep/steep mountains I have AT/Randonee gear. I have comp skate gear.
    I want a boot/binding combo that will facilitate cruising along mixed groomed trails extending onto ungroomed undulating country with wider longer fish scales and that can also hook up onto my comp classic skis for leisurely waxed groomed skiing - I don't race anymore.
    I have no trouble skiing down hill on anything as long as the heels don't slide off the skis.

Anyways - will appreciate your input - while I languish home partially ice bound in NY thinking of vast unspeakable tracts of SNOW somewhere- YAY!!!

Originally posted by Clawed View Post
    What i want to know is will NNN BC bindings and boots resist snow packing up under the sole ?? and still provide good lateral control.
    Yes they can pack up if the snow is wet. It never gets too bad but I keep them lube with silicon spray.

BTW, I'm down 209 near Port Jervis.

Comment

Working...
    X