X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTN Freeride $189 on STP

looks like closeout of an early model.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/rot...colorFamily=03

It looks like they are selling the SMALL version of the freeride only, which means your boot size has to be less than mondo 26.. for that binding to work.
    the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

I did not catch that and was about to order a pair. Thanks for the heads up. Nice find for people with smaller feet and older mounting plates.

Comment

I wouldn't buy orange unless you've already been skiing a pair for a while and have some basis for thinking that you won't crack them.

Comment

I went ahead and ordered a pair to use on rock skis. STP had an additional 35% off code which brought total to $122. I've heard about cracking but figured I'd roll the dice. Now that I've gone TxPro/Freedom I'm down to quiver of one w/o rock skis.

Comment

Originally posted by tele.skier View Post
            It looks like they are selling the SMALL version of the freeride only, which means your boot size has to be less than mondo 26.. for that binding to work.
            Not quite.
            • Less than 26 if using Garmont or Crispi
            • 26.5 or less for Scarpa

Edited to add:....uh.....duh....this is wrong. See below.
            Last edited by Dostie; 30 November 2013, 12:13 PM.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

Originally posted by Dostie View Post
              Not quite.
              It's nice to see that they make boots in sizes for the "shire folk"
              the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

Originally posted by Dostie View Post
                Not quite.
                That doesn't seem right - isn't 26.5 and 27.0 the same shell size in Scarpa? AFAIK it's 26.0 or less. (I have 26.0 TX Comps.)

That's a screaming deal on the binding, the mount plate alone runs $85 (if you can find them).

Comment

Ah yes, you are correct teledad - I inverted the shell sizes by mfg. Haste makes waste.

• Large NTN sole w/Crispi, Garmont, Scott >/= 26.5 -OR- > 26.0 Scarpa
                  • Small NTN sole </= 26.0 Scarpa -OR- < 26.5 w/Crispi, Garmont, Scott

Another way to tell is to look at the BSL. I just checked a pair of Garmont Prophets, sz. 26.5, Crispi Shivers (sz 26.5), and Scarpa TX (sz 26.0) The Garmont and Crispi have the larger sole, BSL is unmarked but measures 305mm on both. BSL on the Scarpa TX is 299mm, mondo sz. 26.0, and the sole is NTN Small. If it is less than 305 it is probably a small NTN sole. No examples of a sole in between 300mm-304mm (inclusive) to know where the exact break in BSL size is.

• Standard NTN sole > ~303mm BSL > Small NTN sole

Confusion in binding sizing at the mid-point of the bell shaped curve for popular boot sizes is one of the amazing snafu's of NTN. It should have been on one side or the other, not dead center. C'est la vie.

ain't no turn like tele!

Comment

these are still on sale.
                    With the coupon today, I get a price of $175. Too bad my feet are size 28,5 boots
                    http://www.sierratradingpost.com/rot...colorFamily=03

Comment

Working...
                    X