Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eastern skiing and bacon grilled cheese sandwich thread..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GL is toast, no good for speedy response travel. While it seems a bit clearer between the GOSST and the Boott Spur Trail, multiple bare spots (the moose are loving the sunny spots) and the bogs have no snow. Between the BST and the Sherby it's still a jungle....with bare spots and a big waterhole.

Sherby is just about toast. Big bare sections. The rope by the top crossover will appear shortly. Snow was soft today but not very grabby
    Go for adventure, take pix, but make certain to bring'em back alive!

Comment

• Jay Peak today. 4-6 inches of dry powder, down the right side of this run, "The Office", but it was roped off up above. Last day for lifts to run on Tramside. I heard people were skinning up at Smuggs, which is now closed.
      Other runs at Jay had maybe 2-3 inches of this same mid-winter snow, but a lot blown away by high winds. Northway to Angels Wiggle was best, IMHO, for a groomer. I like carving on dry snow, not skiing in slush, so I was a happy camper.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Jay Peak April 28.jpg Views:	2 Size:	863.5 KB ID:	95705 View from Bonnie chair lift

click on pic for full screen
      ps. I may skin up tomorrow. Sounds like all lifts will be shutdown until next weekend.
      Last edited by chamonix; 29th April 2019, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• 2019 Mount Washington Memorial Day BBQ and Slackfest

Looks hopeful for a another 30 gate slalom this year. JS says it's about 800 feet of vert as of yesterday...probably be half that by Memorial Day. The minimum-record for MWMDBS is 75 feet of vert....

Lawn furniture, coolers, grills, Slackfest is happening on the Northeast Snowfield, all three days of Memorial Day weekend (if the Auto Road is open)
        Here's the Obs-Cams active view from Wildcat:

Comment

• Friends of mine did a road trip to the Chic Chocs in April. On the way back they hit Le Massif du Sud on the South Shore. Josh says it's only a 3.5 hour drive from our base in Vermont.
          Cool tree skiing, so I thought I would share.
          https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dmU...5OYZbGX7jEHkD/

here is a picture of the snow, at the Jet. Last day lifts ran, May 5th at Jay Peak on Sunday. Jet and Bonnie chairs ran, 100% coverage on Haynes and Jet
          Click image for larger version  Name:	Last day Jay Peak.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	672.3 KB ID:	95817
          Last edited by chamonix; 10th May 2019, 09:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RobRoyMeans View Post
            2019 Mount Washington Memorial Day BBQ and Slackfest
            The minimum-record for MWMDBS is 75 feet of vert....
            At that point you may want to consider changing the name to Patchfest.

Comment

• Did anyone get out on the snow yesterday? We only had 3” or so here.

On another note, I’ve been giving my Killington Spring Pass a workout lately.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice. Miss kmart spring skiing.

Comment

• Slackers Alert: "Mother Nature always gets her way and we battle the weather every day. We have been unable to open in May due to a snowy and wet Spring. Our scheduled opening is Saturday, May 25th for both Drive Yourself and Guided Tours."

Comment

Working...
                  X