2014 USA Pro Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 USA Pro Challenge

I was excited to see the host cities announced this morning. We get a start in Gunnison this year as well as a finish in Mt. Crested Butte again. That will be fun!
    • Stage 1: Monday, Aug. 18 – Aspen Circuit Race
    • Stage 2: Tuesday, Aug. 19 – Aspen to Mt. Crested Butte
    • Stage 3: Wednesday, Aug. 20 – Gunnison to Monarch Mountain (mountaintop finish)
    • Stage 4: Thursday, Aug. 21 – Colorado Springs Circuit Race
    • Stage 5: Friday, Aug. 22 – Woodland Park to Breckenridge
    • Stage 6: Saturday, Aug. 23 – Vail Individual Time Trial
    • Stage 7: Sunday, Aug. 24 – ???

I was also happy to see my image used (with permission) to represent our town!

I'm already thinking about my spectating/shooting strategy...

Mad props on the photo, Matt!
    It's turns! Of course it's worth the hike!

Comment

Congrats Matt! My wife is the Co-Director for the stage to Monarch. I'd better get a really cool assignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Baetis View Post
        Congrats Matt! My wife is the Co-Director for the stage to Monarch. I'd better get a really cool assignment.
        Thanks and that's pretty cool news too! I'm thinking "Drink beer and watch the race." would be a good job for you.

Comment

Wow, I know some local celebrities!

Comment

I'm thinking campers on Old Monarch and ride the singletrack over to the finish.

Comment

Originally posted by Whip View Post
              I'm thinking campers on Old Monarch and ride the singletrack over to the finish.
              I had considered this too. It will depend on a few things for me. If I can get in a team or press car, I'd take that! But if not I could catch the start and the finish since they will take a different route than just the straight shot on 50. I'll probably have too much camera stuff to ride but could hike instead.

Comment

Will Winter Park ever be included?

I'm guessing Denver finale? Looks like i'm headed to Aspen again.
                Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X