something else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you sleep.
    - John at his most petty, jealous guy self, just can't resist acting out his resentment towards Paul.. Ironically the track is "produced by Yoko Ono", which means nothing from a musical standpoint other than John had some weird delusions of who's talent he was overly critical and who's lack of talent he deludes himself about and promotes as significant...

It's hard for me to comprehend a person with John's incredible skill and creativity, having such a character flaw and being such a douche to Paul. He once said, when asked about the quality of George's songwriting skill, that George should be skilled because he had the 2 best teachers that he could have ever possibly had. (referring to himself and Paul) So he clearly acknowledges Paul's genius, but the familiarity he has with his Paul also contains an element of loathing and disapproval as well... In his writings he says that in spite of the nasty things he has said openly about Paul, they are both on good terms with each other, which more reflects their relationship better than any critic's interpertation of something he said about Paul in a song...

The track is a who's who of talent. John's great vocals, George's great slide work, Nicky Hopkins on keyboard, Klaus Voorman on bass, Alan white on drums. It also lists John Tout (of renaissance) on piano. John is the more interesting beatle, probably because he expresses deeper, more primitive thoughts. He really is a fantastic song writer and musician as well. This is such a great track. It's hard to understand why he has such a hard on for Paul, unless of course that expression kind of explains it too..

"the sound you make is muzak to my ears, you must have learned something in all those years"...

Last edited by tele.skier; 10 August 2020, 09:14 PM.
    the fall line is your friend.... resistance is futile

Comment

• After seeing chamonix 's beautiful photos from Georgian Bay, I've had this Slaid Cleaves song stuck in my head. It's about old time logger men on Georgian Bay.

Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by -E-; 24 August 2020, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• ^whoa.

Amazing what they can do digitally these days.

Comment

• Now this is a classic logging song, ay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70Npi6PccBk
              Last edited by Nobody; 26 August 2020, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• Fine.

Now some cowboy longhairs with wrinkly jeans.

Comment

• Fantastic, I have a Kingfish album with "Big Iron" on it. Kingfish was a side group of Bob Weir of the grateful dead, who was nicknamed cowboy bob by those dead fans who didn't appreciate this style of music... but I love it.
                  Last edited by tele.skier; 19 September 2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Is everyone in New England this cool?

Comment

• New England is pretty cool (though Mamas Broke are from the Maritimes..)

Last edited by chamonix; 20 October 2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• People forget...

Comment

Working...
                          X