Red Sox or Cards fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox or Cards fans?

The Sox have made it to the Series again! It's great to have something to get excited about in the shoulder season, especially in this desert of pro sports in which I live (Idaho). Difficult to tune in, though. I can't buy cable where I live, refuse to buy a satellite system, and broadcast TV signals barely reach my house, even with the repeater boosting the signals from Spokramento, WA. So I watched a total of two innings in the Pennant race at my neighbors house.
    What do people think of the matchup with the Cards. Any predictions?
    Last edited by BillyFromTheHills; 21 October 2013, 11:47 AM.
    Yay!...(Drool)

Lifelong Cards fan. Red Birds in 7

Comment

Kind of like baetis said, grew up in southern Illinois and been a Cardinals fan all my life. Generally an anti-fan, the Cardinals are about the only team in all of sports that I actually root for. I think it's genetic.

Comment

I'm not a fan of either team but when it comes to the WS you have to back one horse.

Given that when I have visited St. L, the first time I visited a grand old train station that was turned into a crappy shopping mall and the second resulted in a parking ticket after getting bummed out at the court house that housed the Dred Scott decision, I'm going to have to root for the Sox.

Comment

Long time ago, my office in the Prudential Building looked down into Fenway Park. Nostalgia says Go Sox!

Comment

Well the Sox killed it last night! I don't know squat about the Cards but it doesn't bode well for them that their best pitcher got shelled.
            Last edited by BillyFromTheHills; 24 October 2013, 11:23 AM.
            Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Have always rooted for the Sox. However, I look forward to a Pirates - Sox World Series sometime in the near future, where of course I will be for my hometown Pittsburgh Pirates!

Comment

lifelong sox fan and newfound pete kozma fan. go sox.

Comment

Like I said elsewhere. Favorite team=Cards. Fav AL team=Red Sox. Preference is for Cards to win it but will not be too disappointed if Sox win. That said, I WOULD like to see a competitive series. Cards looked totally bewildered last night. "I got it, I got it. No, I got it. No, you take it." PLUNK. WTF???

Comment

OK, now we got a Series! 4-2 win by the Cards at Fenway last night. Series tied 1-1, going to St. Louis for Game 3 on Saturday night.
                    Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Boston Red Sox KILLED it last night....What an achievement after all the crap the city/'burbs went through this year. Classy team, doing it for the fans.
                      Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Thank God now they can shave.

Comment

Freakin' hippies!
                          Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Awesome story, worst to first. Sorry my Cards didn't show up but happy the Sox won it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baetis View Post
                              Awesome story, worst to first. Sorry my Cards didn't show up but happy the Sox won it.
                              Yeah, I was kind of bummed that it wasn't a better/more competitive series.
                              Yay!...(Drool)

Comment

Working...
                              X