DIY Tip Rocker- with photos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Tip Rocker- with photos!

Been wanting to try it and my rock/BC skis are sacrificial at this point- ripped an edge out last week that I made a hillbilly epoxy fix on.

So I put the tip between two small tree trunks and strapped the tail to another tree to bend it like I wanted. Then I took a torch and heated the top of the ski where I wanted the rocker until I heard the first hint of cracking from the ski:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tip rocker 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	89190

This is what they look like now- they used to have traditional camber/tip (Karhu Storm BC):

Click image for larger version

Name:	tip rocker 2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	89191

I have flexed the ski tips and they don't feel weakened, although they must be- I wouldn't want to do this for a resort ski. I'll report back after I get a chance to use them.

Not sure why the pics post sideways, they don't when I open them on my computer and phone I took them with- lean your head to the left!
    Last edited by Tele 'til You're Smelly; 8 October 2013, 12:37 PM.
    Reluctant enthusiast, part-time crusader, half-hearted fanatic

Skied em yesterday, seemed to work great. First time I've skinned with tip rocker, definitely better than without!

Comment

Showoff.

I mean the skiing...not the breaking of skis thing.

Comment

ah you saw what I did there- snuck in an October ski brag in a technical gear thread

Comment

Working...
        X