X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jellero
    replied
    Originally posted by Valdez Telehead View Post
    Not much into over production, but some folks visited me and I showed them the goods for a week. They made this for some sports channel Foreign video. They did one day in a heli and the rest with human power. Grab some coffee and enjoy this 28 minute of ugliness. Probably not on the "circuit" this fall, but it played well over there.

thanks, i liked it but it is better with the sound off. j
    Last edited by jellero; 3 October 2014, 12:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Wow, thanks for validating my last comment. The vehicles (I use that term mockingly) used in the opening scene of that movie you posted are flying not driving and the movie shows them heli skiing and you mention it yourself. So in your world it is OK to fly half way across the planet to go heli skiing in Alaska so long as they do a little BC skiing with you but some gals you don't know are ignorant about heli skiings effect on climate change because they do a movie with some heli skiing in it.

If you want to promote reducing peoples carbon foot prints there are other places to do it then on a thread about an all female ski move and there are a lot more important things to worry about then heli skiing. Bottom line you have not even seen the movie you were commenting on and have no idea what the gals who made that movie do or don't know about climate change and its effect on global snowfall. Based on what you have posted I bet they know as much or more then you.
    Last edited by James; 1 October 2014, 06:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Valdez Telehead
    replied
    So you are comparing the carbon footprint of transportation to a trailhead to go backcountry skiing to driving to a lodge/ trailhead and then going heliskiing? Next thing you know you will say they are as quiet as skinners.

I can tell you one day of heliskiing uses more oil than the hundred days I drive my truck to the trailhead.

Sold the F-250 gas guzzling truck and got a Subaru, thus I don't need the plow option any more as it was a work truck during the Chalet days. We had the GEO Metro (45mpg) also for skiing til it got sick and died at 150,000m. Seriouly I'm one of the last people that argument has any weight and frankly everyone know my opinion on it anyway.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Just out of curiosity what type of vehicle was used for the opening scene of this movie and what is the carbon foot print as it relates to climate change. So heli skiing is OK in your threads but not others. I am not sure what is worse your hypocrisy or naivety.

Leave a comment:

• Valdez Telehead
    started a topic Ugly Faces and Alaska Movie

Ugly Faces and Alaska Movie

Not much into over production, but some folks visited me and I showed them the goods for a week. They made this for some sports channel Foreign video. They did one day in a heli and the rest with human power. Grab some coffee and enjoy this 28 minute of ugliness. Probably not on the "circuit" this fall, but it played well over there.

Working...
X