2022-23 New England, NY, QC winter convocation & conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022-23 New England, NY, QC winter convocation & conversation

It's been some time since we had an updated thread for those of us Yankees and Quebecistanis, so I though I would get one going for the upcoming winter. It seemed apropos since I got out on my first backcountry tour and my 8th day skiing today. So join the fun and post up trip reports and photos of when you get out there.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Catamount?

I have about 10 resort days in. Took a rest day today, but should have done a tour. Open groomers at 10F and wind blasted didn't interest me.
      Last edited by chamonix; 24 December 2022, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chamonix View Post
        Catamount?

I have about 10 resort days in. Took a rest day today, but should have done a tour. Open groomers at 10F and wind blasted didn't interest me.
        I was on the Catamount for a bit, but I climbed up to 2800' along the ridge to get some turns. Due to the breakable crust, being alone, and temps hovering in the low single digits, I didn't get too aggressive. We are heading out for a family k&g session at a local park this afternoon.

Comment

Perhaps the immolation of a live snowboarder would appease the gods of winter…😱

Comment

All things considered, we've had worse starts - https://matthewparrilla.com/mansfield-stake/

Just don't look at the weekend forecast. 😢

Comment

The upper west side skied well, even if I wasn’t the first to the trailhead.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Resort skied in Massachusetts around sunset today. Conditions were much better than yesterday. There may have even been a window of corn today.

Comment

I bailed on a morning tour as the weather and conditions are just so uninspiring. Seriously, I'm going for a bike ride.

Comment

Still looking for the live snowboarder…😳

Comment

Got out yesterday for the first real tour of the season and first time skinning on my new TTS/F3 setup. The snowpack up near the VT/Canada border/105 was impressive and enough to get by for a few good laps. It seemed like a almost a foot more than what we have at home around Camel's Hump. Didn't even scrape the bases.

Wishing everyone the best with this next week's forecast. Wasn't able to immolate my two splitboarder friends yesterday but did sacrifice one of my ski poles at least. Hoping it helps..
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Fantastic conditions at Berkshire East today, felt like I had superpowers. Yesterday was less good, but still alright. Not too much r**n predicted this weekend, mixed precipitation later in the week. Could be worse, hang in there.

Comment

lolfr,
                          I have a pretty good idea where you were. Did you get up as high as the "rope handrail" ? Been there, not this year yet..
                          Last edited by chamonix; 1 January 2023, 10:56 AM.

Comment

It's a wee scratchy up here in Craftsbury. The 1.7k manmade loop skis nicely with enough hills and swooping turns to keep a skier busy on skate or classic gear. The woods and surrounding pastures are bare and the roads are sporting an early mud season topcoat. SoVT is similar with some big rains coming up in the next few days. The spring Western road trip is the carrot on the horizon. Until then the alpine areas will be the spots.

Live snowboarder anyone? 😱

Comment

I remember in the mid-80's having all of our High School races moved to Craftsbury. we raced on the lake...only thing with snow on it some times

Comment

Working...
                              X