Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Climbing Skins - What's your flavorite favor?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have some Pomoca skins, not sure which variety but they’re the precut ones that Volkl rebrands to match their skis. They’re crazy light, grip well but they consistently start failing at around 5k of vert. I may redo the glue with black diamond gold soon.

Any one else having similar issues with there Pomoca’s? I’ve always used black diamond skins in the past and still do on the other skis in the quiver
    Last edited by tahoebc; 30 December 2022, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Pomoca glue is far superior the Gold Label in my experience. My Pomocas glue gave out after about a hundred days, maybe less. I reglued with Pomoca glue and it goes on much easier, even and smooth, and it covers completely in a single coat. It's just sticky enough whereas Gold Label is variable but usually way too sticky for my weak arms to pull the skins apart.

Comment

Maybe mine have a bad batch, never been able to do a long tour without failure from day one.

Comment

I'm starting to think they are all batch-variable given how many different experiences are represented here.

Comment

I just got some Pomoca climb 2.0s to replace some old G3 skins. I am really liking them after my first tour. Way easier to pull off the ski; the old skins it was really almost impossible to rip skins without removing skis. Staying attached well. Much lighter and more packable. I didn't actually notice any improved glide, though. For some reason that pair of old G3 skins happened to have pretty good glide, not sure why! I might re-cut the Pomocas at some point though; the Pomoca trim tool gives a cut that is within a millimeter of the edge of the ski, and on a windy day, in the snow, it's impossible to always perfectly align the skin that accurately, so I might make them narrower later. Leaving it for now. Anyway, if the Pomocas last well, I am really happy with the ease of ripping and the packability.

Comment

Working...
            X