Lynx '23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynx '23

Jake at 22D said yesterday they plan to have "soft" and "extra soft" flex plates for sale on their Parts page in about 6 weeks. I'm looking forward to trying those out on my powder boards.

Sweet, thanks for the update.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	48C90C8F-0064-490A-885E-131A4F71348A.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	1,005.1 KB
ID:	116845

Name:	ED6D73D7-A139-42F8-952C-A62BE7F28D93.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	116846
      Howdy,

Just got the 2022/2023 main plates and cams. See pics. The main difference is the “dam” inside the cams where the main plate tabs go against. New cam is on bottom.

Should prevent the cams from moving or main plate tabs from splintering. The extra soft plates aren’t quite available yet unless you do the burger mod.

For the newest version of the Lynx, I can’t imagine any other major changes since the toe is now dialed with the stronger springs from last season. Crossing my fingers the evil claw grab is solved!

Comment

Sigh...

Sorry if this is all been stated 5 times already. But finally seeing some snow has me wondering:

I own 2 pairs of small V2 Lynx and I think I have a couple sets of their first attempt at a redo on plates. All the ink spilled on edge case failure modes aside, and given everything 22D has been up to in the last year or so, what do I need to do to these things to get them up to current state-of-the-lynx? Springs? More plates? Do I send them back and say "make these current, please"?

...a pair of Meidjos? (jk, I can't add another platform)

On top of the fact that I didn't tour once last year, I think the swirl around these bindings got the better of me and I'm now lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Pherick View Post
          Sigh...

Sorry if this is all been stated 5 times already. But finally seeing some snow has me wondering:

I own 2 pairs of small V2 Lynx and I think I have a couple sets of their first attempt at a redo on plates. All the ink spilled on edge case failure modes aside, and given everything 22D has been up to in the last year or so, what do I need to do to these things to get them up to current state-of-the-lynx? Springs? More plates? Do I send them back and say "make these current, please"?

...a pair of Meidjos? (jk, I can't add another platform)

On top of the fact that I didn't tour once last year, I think the swirl around these bindings got the better of me and I'm now lost.
          email them. They will send you replacement updated plates free because of issues with older plates. The springs will probably require you purchase them. But doesn’t hurt to ask them.

Softer plates are not available yet. They let a small few of their customers test the beta flex plates. I got to test them and they were about 15% softer then stock.

Comment

Originally posted by telenerd View Post

email them. They will send you replacement updated plates free because of issues with older plates. The springs will probably require you purchase them. But doesn’t hurt to ask them.

Softer plates are not available yet. They let a small few of their customers test the beta flex plates. I got to test them and they were about 15% softer then stock.
            Thank you!

Comment

22 designs has lynx extra soft main plates on their binding parts
              page. I'm looking forward to trying them out.

Comment

Just reporting on new plates with the small tabs: I have about 5 outings under my belt with them (regular stiffness) -- no migration of cam block happening.

I have a pair of the soft plates but haven't tried them yet. Temps climbed high yesterday and it's raining. Sigh. But La Nina has otherwise been kindly treating Southeast Alaska to early winter conditions.

fwiw, 22D two other slight improvements to the '23 binding (I have only the '22 version):

- Riveted tech arms instead of hinge pins.
                - Added a wedge at the rear of the base (where the cables are routed) to ​minimize snow build-up.

Comment

Originally posted by dschane View Post
                  Just reporting on new plates with the small tabs: I have about 5 outings under my belt with them (regular stiffness) -- no migration of cam block happening.

I have a pair of the soft plates but haven't tried them yet. Temps climbed high yesterday and it's raining. Sigh. But La Nina has otherwise been kindly treating Southeast Alaska to early winter conditions.

fwiw, 22D two other slight improvements to the '23 binding (I have only the '22 version):

- Riveted tech arms instead of hinge pins.
                  - Added a wedge at the rear of the base (where the cables are routed) to ​minimize snow build-up.
                  Howdy,

Can you post pics of the softer plates? Are they just thinner?

Curious what your thoughts are when you test them. I’m debating on buying them since I have the beta flex plates and the burger mod.

Comment

The softer main plates are softer and thinner. i'm 5'6" and 140 pounds. My 27 scarpa tx finally feel more ball of foot than tippy toe when flexed. I plan on a backcountry day late next week for real testing. Rain at sea level here but decent snow in the mountains.
                    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.
                    Last edited by tbob; 20 November 2022, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Agreed, the softer plates appear to be a few hairs thinner. I haven't skied them either, and our promising start has stalled. Hard to see in pics, but here's another try (softer one on the bottom):

Name:	IMG-0412.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	557.4 KB
ID:	117989

Comment

Thanks for sharing pics of the new plates!

Comment

I tried the new "extra soft" plates today at treeline in some new snow that came in warm and windy, so it was a little dense/tight. The softer flex is noticeable, and although I had been wanting softer flex since Lynx were introduced, today I was split on whether I like the original or soft flex better. The difference isn't huge (in fact I'd say subtle) but in tricky shallow snow I *might* like the stiffer plates.

I have the slic pins in the forward position, next time I'll try the soft plates with pin in the middle. Now I'm imagining maybe I'll only want the softer flex on my powder boards.
                          Last edited by mo pow; 3 December 2022, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Interesting re: the softer plates. I too have a pair. Haven't tried them. By the end of the season last year, my worn in plates were feeling a little soft. Start of this year those same plates are feeling stiff.

I'm heading into a hut for 5 days and didn't want to mess around too much before going in or on the trip so will have to try when I get back.

That said, I took out V1s the other day because they are mounted on a pair of skis suited for the potentially poor conditions and they are softer as they've been used a lot and I quite liked the softer feel.

Comment

Working...
                            X